Click any photo to enlarge
1 King Bed
1 Queen Bed
2 Single Beds
1 Rollaway Bed
2 Bunk Beds
Whites Bay, Waiheke Island
Absolute beach front, this charming cedar holiday home is the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. The beach is right at your doorstep and the sea marks your horizon. This private and inspiring setting is the perfect backdrop for the holidays. Set in a secluded and private bay, it boasts 50 acres of bird and animal life, from lambs to donkeys, peacocks, ducks, doves and parrots, not to mention the variety of native species and fauna. Waken to tuis and kereru and the music of lapping water then walk the many bush walks that cover this beautiful property..
This.2-bedroom Boathouse with separate cabin, and its own dock, is ideal for families or groups. It can host up to 10 guests. Extra guests can stay in tents at $35 per person. Accessible by 4x4, helicopter or boat, this one-of-a-kind Waiheke accommodation is the hallmark of romance and relaxation. And adventure! A mooring is available (at boat owners risk) at $40 per stay for those who prefer to sail/motor to the bay and a tender is available to access your boat and the great fishing spots outside the Marine Reserve. There are 3 SUPs available for your use as well as 2 kayaks.
A large, flat grassy area right next to the beach—your very own beach—makes this hideaway a romantic wedding venue for up to 150 guests, with 2 heli-pads for a dramatic entrance. (Please contact our office for more details.)
Please note: Rates listed are for 2 people. Additional guests are $50 per person per night.
More then 10 people who want to sleep in a tent are an extra $35 per person per night
Wedding venue fee $4000 with maximum 100 guests
Winter: NZ$325 per night
Summer: NZ$395 per night
Peak: NZ$445 per night
Whites Bay Whites Bay, Waiheke Island
Bedroom 1 has a king bed which can be split into 2 singles. Bedroom 2 has a Queen sized bed.. The lounge has a double fold out couch.
Separate to the main house, the cabin has 2 sets of bunk beds, and a single bed with a roll away underneath, which can sleep up to another 6 people. Ideal for the children.
Basic toilet and shower in the main house and the cabin. There is an outside shower off the main house..
Open plan kitchen, dining room and lounge. Double electric hob, microwave and fridge (a full sized freezer can be found in the utility room at the back of the bach.)
IPOD dock and couch.
Dining table and 6 chairs.
Washing machine, dryer. All linen provided.
Verandah across the front of the house where the tide comes up to. A large flat grass area between the house and cabin is great for a wedding venue, a game of cricket, touch rugby, soccer or badmington. 2 kayaks available with 2 life jackets and 3 SUPs.
Whites Bay is at the beginning of the Te Matuku Marine reserve. Please make sure that you check with the live-in manager as to the boundaries. Fishing is not allowed within these boundaries.
Poderi Crisci Restaurant, Passage Rock and Man O' War Bay Vineyards 15 - 20 minute drive away. Plenty of bush and coastal walks, enjoy the vast array of native birds in the area including wild peacocks.
30-40 minute drive to Oneroa Village and the passenger ferry at Matiatia. Approx 25-35 minutes to the car ferry at Kennedy Point.
Rates apply to 2 people.
$50 per extra person per night.
Total number of people that can stay in the house: 4
Total number of people allowed to camp in a tent and or the cabin: 6 Tent stay $35 pp per night Boat stay and using the facilities $35 per night
Whites Bay: Book this property
Hover mouse over calendars for rates
Secure Online Payments for Confirmed Bookings
Once we have confirmed your booking with you, we will email you a link to our booking confirmation page to enter your credit card details via our secure server.
If your booking is cancelled within 2 weeks prior to booking date, a 100% cancellation fee applies. If your booking is cancelled 2 weeks to 2 months prior to booking date, a 30% cancellation fee applies.
Guest Book / Testimonials
- An absolutely wonderful place and the perfect coastal setting. Be prepared for a very steep driveway down to the beach.
Rick Braddock, Jun 2019
- “Otherworldly! Perfect spot for a get away from the hustle and bustle of the island. That road is not for the faint of heart but the prize at the end is well worth it!” Matthew Sagar, Mar 2019
- "Awesome recommend! 5 stars! Great place, loved everything about this location. Truely majic! Would love to go back in the future." Sam Marshall, Dec 2018 “Stunning location, exemplary Hospitality & many activities to do on the spot. We loved our SUP experience discovering the surrounding bays. Definitely worth every penny !” Pablo, Oct 201/8
- The journey out to the property is just as spectacular as the property itself, but would highly recommend a 4x4 vehicle as there as some steep gravel sections. The property itself is set on a private beach with only the owners residence up on the hill. Animals, including peacocks, sheep, donkeys and birds, are scattered throughout the property which is very cool. The interior of the place is very basic but has everything you need to have a comfortable stay. Board games around the fireplace or reading a book on the couch is a great way to relax and unwind from the world. We felt very secluded, which was nice. Thank you very much to Sue and Don for welcoming us and making our stay one to remember. Will definitely be returning in future.” This place will always hold a special place for me as I proposed to my partner on the jetty. Will definately be back.
Matthew, Nov 2016
- Place was simply stunning.. A fantastically beautiful and well maintained property that met all of our needs. I truly hope to be back soon!” Such a great open land space, this water front cottage has exceptional scenary.
James, May 2016
- Awesome spot! Would def go back. Kids were in heaven.
Jacqui Furness, May 2015
- Great set up. Right on the water is nice.
Aaron Shipman, Feb 2015
- Fantastic property. cottage small, but worth it for the location. property manager (Brent) was very welcoming and helpful.
David Williams, Apr 2014
- WOW, this place is amazing! The photos on the website do not do justice for just how breath taking this place is. Jumping off the jetting at high tide, hand feeding the birds, walking round the rocks, sleeping to the sound of the water, Beautiful. Our car ran into a bit of trouble (flat battery and flat tyre!) and the owners and the property manager were outstanding, we were blown away by how helpful they were. Highly recommend and we look forward to going back. Very private.
Angela Martin, Feb 2014
- Fantastic weeks stay at the Bach, just what we needed, plenty of opportunities to keep busy from walk's, kayaking, exploring, fishing outside the reserve and enjoying the isolation. Manager was very helpful and encouraged the kids to visit the Avery, peacocks were very entertaining.
Susan Reelick, Jan 2014
- The spot is quite far away from the wharf and town. So once you are there you stay there. The place is at the most amazing spot. So much land and the batch is right on the beach. I would highly recommend staying there.
Juliette Lovett, Jan 2014
- We absolutely loved this venue. It was truely amazing. We had it all......beach, farm and room for the boat. The Farm manager was absolutely fantastic and made our stay really enjoyable. We would love to return!!
Karen Spicer, Jan 2014
- The property is amazing! Very cool little Bach and so close to the water. We would definitely look to visit again and is perfect if you are taking your 4x4 with you for the weekend. We woke up to the sound of the waves crashing onto the beach outside the front door and half a dozen peacocks chilling on the front deck!
Rhodri Thomas, Aug 2013
- We enjoyed our stay at Whites Bay. The bach is small, but nice. We enjoyed the use of the kayak and dingy, and swimming in the bay. The property manager was very friendly and helpful. We would recommend this property to those looking to get away to a more remote location.
John Pawlick, Jan 2012