Visit Waiheke was established in 2003, and I, Richard Potter, bought the business in 2008. I bought on Waiheke in 2000 and had two children born on the island. We are a local family and enjoy showing guests all the hot spots on the island, including those special out-of-the way places as well.
Having travelled to over 52 countries myself, I am aware that every holidaymaker’s dream is the ‘home from home – but better’ experience.
All our Waiheke rentals have a special ‘wow’ factor that’ll live on in your memories. That special something may be a breath taking view that you enjoy with your loved ones… or hearing the sound of the waves crashing on the beach as you drift off to sleep… or creating special family memories accompanied by good food and good wine…
Should a property become unavailable, be sold, double booked, or unliveable for any reason (the reason to be verified by Visit Waiheke as being justified), then Visit Waiheke will use their best endeavours to find you satisfactory alternative accommodation.
It is at the sole discretion of the guest to accept or reject the alternative accommodation. Should a replacement property not be available, or the guest is not satisfied with the alternative suggested, all monies paid by the guest to Visit Waiheke will be refunded in full. Visit Waiheke's liability is limited to the refunding of such monies and no more.
Excellent communication very friendly. Went the extra mile to assist with queries .thankyou.
Pleasant to deal with and very knowledgeable about Waiheke.
Very helpful and welcoming . All admin very professional
Easy to deal with & left us alone to enjoy or holiday.
He was available and organised our stay very smoothly
Richard was awesome. He gave us lots of information about what to do on Waiheke and responded to emails quickly
It was lovely to have Richard meet us at property and give us locals advice on what to see & do
Very accommodating and helpful. Thank you
Richard was available for us and he was super friendly and kind to us
Richard always responded promptly
Richard was great, gave us a lot of information about the island and dining recommendations that would be best for our group. We really appreciated his level of customer service
Richard was a pleasure to deal with. His friendly nature and willingness to share his local knowledge of the best spots to visit, made our trip all the more enjoyable.
Richard met my friends on arrival as was very informative about activities and things to do on the island. I would definitely recommended to others and many of my friends were asking how to book again.
Richard was great. Quick and easy communication. Everything ran smoothly.
Fantastic communication. We had to reschedule the arrival time a couple of times with no issues at all.
Richard and Sharonagh were wonderful to deal with and were extremely helpful. They were available to be called if necessary and we had to ring them once to get help with an appliance that wasn't working. We had a fabulous weekend.
Richard answered any queries promptly and organised cots for our stay which were ready for us on arrival. We were greeted on arrival and given a delicious Waiheke Island bottle of wine.
The following conditions apply to all Holiday Home Rentals arranged through Visit Waiheke during Alert-Level 2.
1. Check-in time is 2pm. There is no guaranteed check-in before 2.00 pm.
2. Check-out time is 10.00 am or by prior arrangement; the property must be completely vacated by check out time. Failure to comply with this clause will incur a surcharge.
3. All properties are let on the understanding that the accommodation is for holiday use only, for the period specified, and that no right to remain in the accommodation exists for the Applicant or anyone in the Applicant' party.
4. At no time during the period of permitted use may the property be occupied overnight by more than the number of people specified on the booking form (including children and infants).
5. Guests must not sub-let the property nor use it otherwise than for the purpose of a holiday.
6. No caravans, tents or other accommodation are allowed to be placed at the property without written permission.
7. The Guest agrees not to allow any animals on the property without the written consent of Visit Waiheke. Failure to adhere to this rule is in breach of this contract and if caught the guests must vacate the property within immediate effect.
8. The Guest agrees not to allow smoking inside the property. A breach of this policy will result in an up to NZ$ 500.00 cleaning fee being applied. If smoking outdoors, all cigarette butts must be disposed off in the rubbish.
9. Where a telephone is available, the Guest will ensure any calls made are collect or price required calls only and will pay any charges incurred direct to the owner of the property.
10. Where linen is provided by Visit Waiheke this includes bed sheets, pillow cases, a bath towel and face cloth per person, hand towels, tea towels and bathmats. Beach or Spa towels are not provided (unless specifically stated on a property's webpage) and guests should bring these with them.
11. Some property owners store their own linen in the house. This linen is not intended for guest use. An additional charge is applicable if guests use the owners' linen.
12. The Guest agrees to respect the rights of neighbours, particularly in regard to noise and especially will not allow music to be played loudly enough to disturb neighbours. Local council noise regulations apply. No house parties or weddings are allowed without advance permission in writing.
13. The Guests accept full responsibility for checking with Visit Waiheke as to whether or not the property is, to the best knowledge of Visit Waiheke safe for children.
14. Although every effort is made to maintain properties in good order, wear and tear on a rental property is unavoidable. Please notify Visit Waiheke as soon as possible if a problem relating to the property exists.
Every effort will be made to rectify any problem that exists in a timely manner. Repairs will be made as soon as possible after notification.
15. The Guest is responsible for the safe-keeping of the Owner's property and content during the period booked. Neither the owner nor Visit Waiheke is responsible for any stolen or lost items. Be safe and lock doors and windows when you are away and at night as you would at home. Any breakages of or damage to content or structure of the building must be reported promptly to Visit Waiheke and the Owner will be entitled to recover from the Guest the cost of any repair or replacement needed due to Guests' act or default.
16. The Guest authorizes Visit Waiheke to obtain an authorization for the amount of $1000 security deposit on his/her credit card and to debit his/her credit card for any costs incurred for damage, breakages or cleaning. Where a credit card is not available, the guest agrees to pay a security deposit at the time of final payment if requested to do so. The Guest agrees that liability is not limited to this amount.
17. The property must be left in a clean and tidy state and all furniture returned to the place in which it was found on arrival; Guests are fully responsible for cleaning all crockery, cutlery, general utensils, oven and BBQ, and disposing of their rubbish in the prescribed way. All doors and windows to be closed and locked before check-out.
18. Neither the owner nor Visit Waiheke shall be liable for any loss or damage to visitors' property however caused.
19. The Guest agrees that Visit Waiheke is the booking agent only and any dispute regarding availability, the standard of the property or chattels will be solely between the Guest and the owner of the property. The Guest agrees that Visit Waiheke may give the Guest's contact details to the owner of the property if requested to do so.
20. No property shall be considered booked until 24 hours after Visit Waiheke has confirmed the booking. Also guests can cancel within 24 hours of booking for a full refund (less the credit card fee).
21. A 50% deposit of the total accommodation charge is payable on booking and the Guest authorizes Visit Waiheke to charge the remaining 50% to the credit card nominated by the Guest at or around 14 days before date of arrival.
22. Dishonoured payments or balances not received 7 days before the start of the let will result in the booking being cancelled and the deposit forfeited.
23. Cancellation of a booking by the Guests will inccur a $25 administration charge. In addition for all bookings if cancelled within 30 days of arrival: 30% of the total accommodation cost. If cancelled within 7 days of arrival or non-arrivals: 100% of the total accommodation cost.
Visit Waiheke will endeavour to re-let and if accommodation is re-let for the whole of the period originally booked, the retained charges minus costs (administration charge of $25 plus 3% of the total credit card payments made related to the booking being cancelled) will be refunded. No refunds are given for early departure.
Guests are strongly advised to insure themselves against the risk of having to cancel. Such companies are Southern Cross Travel Insurance, State, 1Cover and Tower. If guests are feeling sick or have flu-like symptoms please do NOT travel.Upon arrival we require your contact email address and cellphone number of each person staying at the property.
24. The Guest agrees that, should the property become unavailable, be sold, double booked, or un-liveable for any reason (the reason to be verified by Visit Waiheke as being justified), then Visit Waiheke will use their best endeavours to find satisfactory or alternative accommodation which is at the sole discretion of the guest to accept or reject. Should a replacement property not be available, all monies paid by the Guest to Visit Waiheke will be refunded in full. The Guest agrees that the Owner and Visit Waiheke's liability is limited to the refunding of such monies and no more.
25. Visit Waiheke reserves the right to cancel reservations at any time. In which event the deposit and any other monies paid, shall be refunded in full.
26. The Guest agrees that, should all of these conditions not be adhered to, the owners or their agents will have the right to immediately terminate this contract and, in this event, the Guest and all other persons will vacate the property immediately if requested to do so by the owners or the owners' agents. In this event, the Guest agrees that no refund will be due or paid for any unused accommodation rights.
27. The Guest agrees that by making a booking, they indicate to accept the booking conditions as set out above.
Sign up and we'll send the best deal to you