Guest Book / Testimonials
- "Amazing views, great location. Modern, well appointed Bach, thank you! Perfection! Stunning views, peaceful, calming, serene..just what the Dr ordered!" Angie Hari-Billing, Mar 2019
- “Very classy bijou pad. Clean, comfortable and tasteful. All amenities. Would recommend to all friends.” Stephen Chidgey, Mar 2019
- “We had a great stay at this place. An amazing view from the deck and the spa-pool. Also very comfy bed and stylish batch with modern facilities. A short walk to Surfdale and 25min walk to Oneroa or Goldie Winery. Easy check-in process and were nice enough to give us a bottle of wine on arrival. Definitely recommend staying here on a trip to Waiheke.” Chris Nixon, Feb 2019
- “Had a great stay, beautiful location and Richard had lots of really helpful tips!” Erica Whelan, Jan 2018
- “Idyllic setting with wonderful views, lovely light and airy flat on an island that does not disappoint.” Daniel, Jan 2019
- “Great place, beautiful views, stunning quiet location, comfortable bed. Definitely enjoyed our stay a lot.” Julija, Jan 2019
- The bach was everything we hoped it would be! A very relaxing place to unwind after the rigors of visiting vineyards and wandering around the incredibly scenic island. Richard met us upon our arrival and was very helpful in suggesting what to do during our stay. Can't wait to get back there someday! Jon Carlson, Dec 2018
- Excellent location and very private. Thanks for the stay! Great place to relax with some local wine.Caitlyn, Nov 2018
- “Thanks for having us! What a lovely view and the spa was great!” Danielle Coughlin, Nov 2018
- “What a lovely serene spot for a long weekend away. Such a relaxed vibe with a stunning outlook over the water. Everything you need and styled into such a cute beach house. Note: the steep driveway you back down was a little tricky, but led to a very private spot - a real getaway.” Kim Cohen, Oct 2018
- “Great location. Great local info. wished we stayed longer. overall 10 out of 10 guys”“thank you very much Richard. the place and our weekened at your batch was amazing”
API, Sep 2018
- "A beautifully kept property with breath-taking views. Would thoroughly recommend for any couple - was the perfect set up for us!"
Hayley Willis, Aug 2018
- "Excellent property to use as base to look around the island. spa pool adds to relaxing feel about the property and its location"
Matthew Seymour, May 2018
- "What a very special weekend which unbeknowst to me ended up being our engagement :-) Bach has all the things you need and spa was great too! Would love to stay here again! Professional, easy and would definitely book through Richard again." Michelle Davies, May 2018
- Great home, helpful local knowledge and appreciated the personal welcome to the property, thanks Richard. Well set up with everything you could possibly need and great peaceful location. The private spa is the icing on the cake. Carissa Vaudrey, May 2018
- "Lovely accomodation, clean and tidy. Beautiful views and nice and private. VWe wished we stayed longer! Great spot to explore Waiheke. Thanks for all your tips for our time on the island, this was most helpful!" Natalie Evans, May 2018
- "A fantastic property in a great location. Very modern, clean and comfortable. What a stunning view! Loved our weekend here. Enjoyed relaxing in the spa too..Richard was great to communicate with in booking our stay. Thank you!" Jo Thomas, Apr 2018
- "We love Bach on Burrell - this is our third stay! Its so beautiful and peaceful. The place is always immaculate and the spa is an added bonus! Highly recommend. We will definitely be back again one day." Gillian La Franchie, Apr 2018
- "Beautiful place to stay, really private, and stunning views. Great host who knew the island well and all the best places to visit and wine to discover." Sandra Bloomfield, Mar 2018
- "Very cute property and the location was relaxing and tranquil. Just what we needed. Richard was extremely helpful with information of what to do and where to go on Waiheke. We really appreciated his knowledge and followed up on a lot of what he told us." Yvonne Kibblewhite Feb 2018
- “We loved our stay at Bach on Burrell!! Not only was the place perfectly located for everything we had planned on Waiheke, but the Bach itself was perfect. Very clean and comfortable. I think the best part though was the view! We loved waking up with that view during our stay, and even saw Dolphins one morning. It was just all perfect. Richard was a wonderful host, and even stopped by to show us some of his favorite things to do on the island. We would absolutely stay again! One note for travelers, only because we had some set backs, is be sure to book your ferry ride over a day or two before. We didn’t, and had to wait for a later ferry to get over from Auckland. They fill up quick! Thanks again Richard for everything!” Jessica Jessee Fen 2018
- “Fabulous place stylish with amazing views. Great communication would highly recommend.” Michelle Harding Jan 2018
- "Great location and apartment! It had everything that we could have needed and more" Alison Dalton Dec 2017
- “We had a fantastic time away at the Bach on Burrell. The property is as described and shown in the photos, with a great modern fit out and a very well kept property. We loved being close to Oneroa but also feeling slightly secluded, which was nice and relaxing. It was a perfect couples get away spot and the spa was a great added bonus. We would love to go back next time we’re on Waiheke.” Matthew Le Grice Dec 2017
- "Our stay at the house was fantastic". Troy Brady Nov 2017"Great place to stay for a weekend getaway. Great views, spa on the deck and in walking distance to the beach as well as the local town. Would stay again.” Natasha Judson Nov 2017
- "The place was very serene and very tidy bach. Good for couples. Lovely touches of luxury reminds me of a hotel. 5 mins to everything. Awesome!" Michelle Allegre-Jones Nov 2017
- "Well situated, fantastic views and close to some good walking tracks. Easy access to Oneroa too. Bach was slightly smaller than expected but everything else made up for it. It has a great feel to it and would definitely stay again." Paula Williams Nov 2017
- “Lovely location overlooking ocean. Private, clean & comfortable. Nice place to stay.” Cass Betts Oct 2017
- "Richard was very helpful upon our arrival and before, telling us about places to visit on Waiheke. His recommendations were spot on! Absolutely loved this place. Was perfect for a romantic get away! Hope to return again!" Justin Simpson Oct 2017
- "Absolutely stunning views, great little romantic hideaway"
Sarah Steele, Oct 2017
- "This bach has everything you could want and need - gorgeous views of the sunset, spa on the deck, outdoor heater, bbq, kitchenette, big shower with great water pressure, there was nothing we could have wanted that wasn't there. We hope to come back again!"
Samantha Wallace, Sep 2017
- "A truly spectacular location with breath-taking views that made for a magical weekend. The Bach is beautifully presented with all the creature comforts you could need. The only negative was having to leave!"
Aaron McCurdy, Sep 2017
- "Richard was really nice to deal with, came and met us at the house and gave us some good recommendations on places to visit on our stay, really nice guy! Had a brilliant stay, such a nice view and really peaceful. Really nice place with everything you could ask for. The spa was the perfect temperature and really nice to relax in. We'll be back!" Rob Brown Aug 2018
- "Great to deal with. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay in this cute little bach. We have had an absolute brilliant time. Ange." Ange Johns Aug 2017
- "Fantastic communication. We had to reschedule the arrival time a couple of times with no issues at all. Great location with amazing view. Will defiantly be staying here again on our next visit." Alexei Gray-Bird Jul 2017
- Easy to deal with, loved our weekend getaway at Bach on Burrell. Very nice and clean property, with everything you need for a home away from home.
Simone Jackson, Jul 2017
- "Awesome place loved spa and quiet too.." Trish Legg May 2017
- "Super easy to communicate with. Amazing as usual" Eamon Crowley Apr 2017
- "So easy and straight forward. Any troubles I encounted online he had rectified with in 24hrs. His turn around times were more then acceptable.Such an amazing spot, the views are stunning. The property was so clean and well set out. Very nice spot, romantic, private, peaceful and relaxing. All in all we enjoyed the whole experience." Laurent L'eveille Mar 2017
- "The Bach was beyond our expectations. very clean and had everything we needed. Location is excellent with spectacular views and close to Oneroa. Can highly recommend this Bach."
Chris Montgomery, Mar 2017
- "Gave us great information and recommended Tantalus to us which turned out to be our favourite stop of our weekend." Anna Cullen Feb 2017
- “Perfect mini getaway, thank you” Kirsten Sweeney Feb 2017
- "Easy to deal with and very helpful" Katie Mortimer Feb 2017
- “What a treat this gorgeous little place was, the most perfect spot, so romantic and the spa was the cherry on top at sunset. Can not rave enough about this stunning place.” Sharon Palmieri Jan 2017
- “My wife and I stayed here for a weekend of wine tasting. It's a beautiful place with a great view of a small bay. The view and hot tub were a great way to finish each day. ” Andy Bruce Jan 2017
- “This airbnb is secluded away from the bustling Waiheke Island in peak holiday time. It was a perfect opportunity to relax with all the doors open and relaxing with a wine on the verandah. The use of the BBQ was also great rather than to eat out every night. We stayed 3 nights and could have stayed longer.”
Alison, Jan 2017
- “Stylish batch with amazing view in a perfect location. Thanks for having us- would be more than happy to return one day!” Ulrike Drager Jan 2017
- “Very peaceful place with amazing views. ”
Nathalie Glaea, Jan 2017
- "Fabulous Bach. Beautiful setting. Would definitely recommend staying here if you want a relaxing romantic break."
Sharon Stobart, Dec 2016
- We had the best time staying at Bach on Burrell, weather was amazing. Location perfect. Bach was the perfect size for the two of us with everything we needed to make our stay comfortable.
Kaitlin, Nov 2016
- “Beautiful and clean house with a great deck and outdoor setup. Communication with Richard was a breeze - will definitely try to stay here again in the future. ”
Robert, Nov 2016
- "Fantastic place to stay for a romantic weekend away! We loved the cosy cottage waking up to the beautiful views and sitting in the spa pool over looking the sunset each night! Highly recommend to all couples wanting a few nights away."
Joe Wernham, Nov 2016
- “Had a wonderful and relaxing stay at the Bach on Burrell! The bach was very well-appointed and beautifully designed - we loved the location and the views! Easy walk to nearby cafes in Surfdale and rented ecycles to get around the island. Loved Waiheke Island and would definitely recommend the Bach on Burrell! The pictures accurately reflect the bach and Richard was very responsive and provided great recommendations! Thank you for a wonderful stay!”
Cori, Oct 2016
- Beautiful view to wake up to in the morning. Clean and well maintained bach. Enjoyed our stay.
Srivalli, Oct 2016
- The Bach on Burrell is so beautiful. Lovely view and everything you need. The spa pool is a bonus - overlooking the water. Very peaceful. Nice little details.
Anna Thorpe, Oct 2016
- "Couldn't recommend this property enough. A perfect romantic getaway, the views from the bach are incredible, during the day and particularly on a starry night. Spa pool was perfect. Everything was first class. It was incredible to cook on the bbq after a long winter in Auckland. Oneroa and Surfdale (French hot for a good coffee) only a 10minute walk away, the locals are lovely, very friendly. We had the most magical weekend - Bach on Burrell you've set the bar very very high. Thank you."
Nuala McClinton, Sep 2016
- “Great place with amazing views. Richard was a great host and knowledgeable about Waiheke. Highly recommend staying here.”
Michelle Caroll, Sep 2016
- "Perfect romantic getaway. Loved the spa."
Sarah Buckland, June 2016
- "Truly amazing bach, the perfect setting for a weekend away for two, all amenities you need and the view from the spa is amazing. Close enough to walk to Oneroa so a car is not necessary. We will definitely be back for more!"
Eamon Crowther, May 2016
- "Excellent batch. Perfect for couple. We took our car but could easily be used without a car."
Richard Jones, May 2016
- “Very modern and well equipped. Nice location with beautiful views, Would highly recommend.”
Nick, Apr 2016
- Stunning views, very neat and clean, beautifully presented and decorated modern bach. A great view of water and evening sunset. Spa and BBQ was a bonus. Great for a weekend away in peace. Thanks from
Madhu and Vinod Pal, Apr 2016.
- Outstanding property in immaculate condition. Really thoughtful and welcoming. Made our stay even more enjoyable having his insight into the area and things to do.
Alex, Apr 2016
- Great wee spot with amazing views and a lovely spa, felt very relaxed and away from the world. We have already been recommending it to all our friends!
Natalie, Mar 2016
- Beautiful bach overlooking the sea, great for a romantic break. The bach has been tastefully decorated, idyllic.
Emarais, Mar 2016
- Absolutely beautiful views, very quiet location, lots of native birds in the surrounding trees. Lovely house, we'd certainly love to come back here.
Ali, Feb 2016
- The bach is private and very peaceful, it's ultra modern and has beautiful decor. We loved spending time there and would thoroughly recommend the place to our friends.
Tracy, Feb 2016
- Great spot with helpful, friendly service and it was clean and tidy. Thanks
Abby, Feb 2016
- A very cute cottage with a simply spectacular view very close to everything you need. And a spa on the deck. What more could a couple want?
Andrew, Jan 2016
- Private, peaceful, well appointed property to enjoy afternoon sun, evenings and sunsets on the deck with fabulous sea views. Booked this property mid-year and had been looking forward ever since, it did not disappoint. Ideal couples retreat-our little slice of paradise, would love to return.
Debbie Perry, Dec 2015
- Both the place and the location were great! The views were amazing and the afternoon sun made it perfect to sit on the back porch and have a glass of wine! The trail down the hill out back made it a close walk to town for shopping and dinner as well. Would highly recommend staying here!
John Steven, Nov 2015
- We loved the privacy of the bach and found the location really handy. Only took a few minutes to get to from the car ferry. Gorgeous views made relaxing a pleasure especially with the spa pool on the deck. We didn't do any cooking while there but everything was there if required including a BBQ. Over all we were very happy.
Raewyn, Nov 2015
- The accommodation could not be better. We absolutely loved it and my husband said that it is by far the best accommodation we have ever stayed in, in all our travels. The view was spectacular, the interior of the house was perfect for 2 people, clean, neat, modern and really comfortable. Heating for the cold nights, BBQ with a view and a private Spa pool with a view. It truly was an incredible experience. We did not want to leave.
Lindi Boyd, NOv 2015
- The property is very well set-up and the location is fantastic - west facing so it gets great evening sun. The only thing missing is an auxiliary cord to connect an ipod or phone to the stereo system. We will definitely stay again!
Nick Francis, Oct 2015
- The photos really did not do this beautiful little slice of heaven justice, i would definitely recommend this place to friends and family and the view was spectacular.
Shelley Felise-Asomua, Sept 2015
- Lovely to come back and enjoy this all again. Beautiful Waiheke Island bach, views, wine and food. All amazing and certainly worth crossing the Tasman for. If only we could do it more often.
With thanks Jim & Elizabeth, Brisbane, Aug 2015
- Proximity to town was excellent via a private path to the beach it's a short picturesique walk. The property has everything that you could need with all mod cons and excellent layout for a couples weekend away. Sea views from the Spa.
Brad Man, Jul 2015
- Gorgeous location and the bach was super cute, very clean, and had everything we needed. Great for a weekend away!
Stephanie Bennett, May 2015
- Thank you so much for a gorgeous little visit. After a busy wedding it was great for us to finally relax. The spa pool was the best part especially with the beautiful surroundings. The DVD's was a nice little extra, too.
Mr and Mrs Timpson, Feb 2015
- Hard to leave such a lovely part of the world!
Peter and Tina Duffy, Feb 2015
- What a very clever and beautifully stylish gem. Wish we could pick it up and take it home with us!! Thanks for a wonderful break away.
Tony Waite, Jan 2015
- Richard have us a great welcome to the property and provided friendly suggestions of great local places to try. Many thanks. We loved the bird song.
Scott Schneebeli, Oct 2014
- Lovely property, great location! Perfect for a weekend getaway!
Simon Moseby, Aug 2014
- Had the most AMAZING time. We willl be back for sure!
Alison Bourke, Mar 2014
- Actual property even better than photos. Everything so clean and fresh. Totally private. Will definitely try to go and stay again.
Judith Corcoran, Feb 2014
- Loved the peaceful surroundings. Beautiful view of water and sunset. Clean and very well decorated. Comfortable couch and bedding and a great large shower. The outdoor spa was a real treat as was the easy outdoor flow from the inside living area to outside deck for the morning coffee or late night drink! We had a fantastic weekend away and our first trip together leaving the kids in 8 years! (8 year old and 2 year old). We couldn't have picked a better place to relax! Thanks Bach on Burrell! :-)
Melanie Pero, Feb 2014
- Awesome service, fabulois property! Will definitely be back!
Katie McAleese, Jan 2014
- Beautiful bach with stunning views, we didn't want to leave!
Helen Morgan Oct 2013
- This is a great property perfect for a couples retreat. Beautifully presented and appointed, although an oven would be great for those winter stays when the weather isn't suitable for barbecuing.
Janet Cowper, Sep 2013
- Loved the Bach and the team did everything to make our stay perfect. Great to relax and recharge and will definitely be back.
Melissa Nelson, Aug, 2013
- Immaculate little bach with stunning views. Lots of privacy yet in a central location - we thought this was the perfect spot for a weekend mini-break. Definitely will be staying there again!
Talei Wong, Apr 2013.
- Just wonderful! Views were incredible!
Su Beresford, Apr 2013
- Excellent Property. We would love, love, love to stay again. I highly recommend this property to anyone wanting a romantic, quiet getaway... which is also close to everything the island has to offer. I agree with the past review that the photos do not do this property justice, the views are amazing.
Lucy Allen, Mar 2013
- Stunning views, was great watching the sunset from the spa, within walking distance to the Oneroa village and great wineries, just perfect!! Didnt want to leave, and would most definately go back!
Daniel Thorne, Feb 2013
- Superb location; nice place and great views! Absolutely a great place to stay.
Walter Stein, Dec 2012
- Great place to stay
Sarah Jarvis, Sep 2012
- Amazing property, photos don't do it justice. If you are after a romantic place to chill out with your loved one this is the place to go.
brent la franchie, Sep 2012
- An awesome and quiet place for the prefect getaway! Very happy with our stay!
Siu Langi, Aug 2012
- Props to Richard for knowing instantly that we were Aucklanders haha! Took his advice and left the blinds open all weekend long. Bach on Burrell is a very unassuming property but when you walk in and take in the double deck and AMAZNG views, you realize you're going to have a perfect stay. Spa was incredible, loads of peace and quiet and great place to BBQ and just chillax. Thanks for a great stay, will try and make it back.
Mridula Narayan, Aug 2012
- After reading all the reviews, we booked this bach for our first anniversary. It is as everyone says...the perfect romantic getaway. The interior is beautifully furnished and the view from the deck amazing. It’s a great location and we took in a few walks nearby before soaking in the spa... a great way to end the day. Bach on Burell was far better than the honeymoon room we had when we married in Waiheke. Would definately go back.
Tracy Di-Cesare, May 2012
- An amazing spot, beautiful place with lots of sunshine and privacy. Would definately go back there again. Photos dont do it justice.
Kerri Gorrett, Mar 2012
- Stunning location & a perfect getaway for two!
Matt Kilkenny, Jan 2012
- What a fanstastic little bach, perfect for a couples' getaway! Amazing views, really stylish interior, feels secluded but is quite convenient to shops etc
David, Jan 2011
- Great place. Fantastic views.
David Whiting, Jan 2011
- Excellent facilities, fantastic views privacy when you want as well as a friendly chat! Dinner and wine at Mudbrick amazing, great staff.
Monica Smith, Nov 2010