Bedroom with Queen bed.
Shower with toilet and vanity.
Modern kitchen with full facilities inclu electric oven and hob, dishwasher, fridge, freezer and Nespresso machine.
Bluetooth stereo with tablet, wireless internet access with comfortable couch to take it all in.
Dining room table with seating for 2.
Washing machine and dryer. All linen and cleaning included.
North facing decks with bush views. 2 sunloungers, with wooden walk ways to a secluded spa and an outdoor fire pit (with hot plate for cooking on) the perfect setting, to relax and unwind.
15 min walk to little Palm Beach. A short drive into Oneroa Beach and village with a variety of shops, banks, the post office, gas station, cafes & restaurants. The village also includes various Art Centres, a Four Square supprette, Fruit & Veg shops and 2 Liquor stores. Oneroa is the only place you will find ATM machines.
Only 5 minute drive to the passenger ferry located at Matiatia and approximately 10 minutes to the car ferry at Kennedy Point.
Guest Book / Testimonials
- Good spot for a relaxing weekend away. Close to everything on the island very easy in and out.
Peter Stewart, Oct 2019.
- Lovely stylish space to stay in.
Brya Lowry, Sep 2019
- The Tent house is a beautiful private Oasis. Wake up to native birds, check out some vineyards in the day and settle in to the spa pool in the evening. A perfect place for a romantic weekend.
Arabella Sainsbury, Sep 2019
- The house is gorgeous, and in a stunning surrounding. We loved being able to relax in the hot tub and sit around the fire pit at night, enjoying some wine purchased at the local vineyards! The amenities suited us fine for a couple of days to cook, and make tea/coffee. The location was perfect - a short drive to the local supermarket, and the wineries and sights are never too far on the island. Overall, we loved our stay in this unique house and will definitely be back!
Alice Irving, Sep 2019
- A great stay, thank you very much. Highly recommend.
Dreke Verkuylen, Jun 2019
- Good central location on the island, was a neat place, very different than anywhere we’ve stayed before which is what I was after. Had everything we needed and was neat waking up in the trees.
Ashleigh Sale, Jun 2019
- “The Tent house is an awesome space, indoors and out. We loved the time we spent here and would happily return! Thanks for having us! Such an awesome space, we loved it!” Hayley Duckett, Apr 2019
- “Tent house is very unique,quiet and natural. Wake up with the bird surrounding song. House have central heat pump, very warm! Stereo system is amazing!” Johnson Zhang, Apr 2019
- The house is a unique gem and every bit as good as it looks in photos. Richard is the best host and helped with everyone from organizing a hire car to advising on the best spots on the island and putting together a solid weekend itinerary of wineries and food fun. Waiheke Island is very special and staying here really added to the whole experience.
Sophie Blackford, Feb 2019
- The house was just as good (if not better) than the page suggested. Instructions were simple and easy to follow. Would highly recomend this place for somebody looking for something a little different.
Adam Prescott jul 2018
- Our stay was exceptional, the house wAs just super incredible
And such a treat to have experienced. Arriving with warmth and cool chilled Sounds was a lovely touch.
Jennifer Harford-Mouldey, Jun 2018
- Overall we loved staying – the bed was comfy, the whole experience was lovely. I liked that there was no TV and that it was a place for relaxing. Being right on the bus stop was a bonus too and the locality to the Countdown handy.
Nigel Rukuwai, Jun 2018
- "Loved staying here!! What a beautiful way to escape the city for a weekend. We spent many hours on the deck in the sun appreciating the bird song and scenery. So nice to sit in the spa pool and appreciate the striking view of "the tent" rising out of the native landscape." Jared Tasker, Apr 2018
- “My husband and I absolutely loved our stay at the Tent House! It has a super stylish, minimal, unique design (which some might find impractical) - but that was exactly what we loved about it. Location was great, surrounded by beautiful native bush and only a short (hilly) walk to Palm beach and the local shops/supermarket - or a short taxi ride to the ferry and vineyards. Communication with Richard was super easy and he was really knowledgeable about the local area and vineyards. It was the perfect spot for a romantic weekend away! Felicity Jackson, Mar 2018
- ”"No doubt that this property looks amazing and is beautifully constructed. It 's well located - far enough away from the crowds but close enough to cafes, the supermarket and the town centre. All the basic amenities (including towels and kitchen utensils and cutlery etc) were available. Great communication from the initial inquiry to the booking and stay." Edward Tan, Mar 2018
- “Absolutely gorgeous place. Secluded in the bush yet super close to Palm Beach and Onetangi. Overall we loved staying here it was an awesome novelty and we really enjoyed our time.” Tim Jennings, Jan 2018
- Lovely stay for a night of our honeymoon at the architects dream..... The property is hidden away on the road and from the outside looks like an overgrown plot. Once you get round the side onto the path it becomes a jungle paradise, truly a tent hidden in the jungle! The hot tub and fire pit are a lovely touch and enable you to enjoy the outdoor space. The inside is minimalist but so well done, with every weird (angled) space used, the bedroom at the front of the house is lovely. Cooker, washing machine, coffee machine etc all there and easy to use along with WiFi and an tablet! Definitely worth a stay if you can while available, really well situated for shops and the beach. Really excellent communication as well whilst booking and during our stay.
Andrew Cutler, Sep 2017
- "Beautiful design no doubt. The location was great, just around the corner from the morning markets, bus stop was right outside. Spa was lovely, nice and secluded in the bush. insect repellent was provided which we loved! Christine Martin Apr 2017
- "A unique property. Nice bush setting. Good location easy walk to beach, supermarket and bus stop close by." Caroline Chapma,n Apr 2017
- “Magical private spot, handy to everywhere. Incredible building, will be back!” Lance Bellew, Mar 2017
- "Had an awesome time. Great place to stay - we loved it". Jen Ison Feb 2017
- "Clear communication and waiting to let us in. Gave us full rundown on Waiheke.Gorgeous oasis right next to a bus stop. The spa was fantastic". Annie Millard. Dec 2016
- "Beautiful property and the perfect retreat for a couple on a romantic trip to the island. Waking up to the view of native bush, soaking in the spa and sitting by the fire pit with a glass of vino are all highlights. Only drawback would be the house isn't overly friendly for us 6ft + folk. Stunning architecture comes with some compromises :)"
Jamie Dickens, Oct 2016
- "The property is very different and a very cool place to spend the weekend."
P Churchman, Sep 2016
- Great property and location! Especially loved the fire place and the spa - was really good that everything we needed to get a good fire going was provided."
Prianka Dhanapaul, Jun 2016
- This house is an EXPERIENCE. Amazing at night, a beautiful triangle lit up in the bush, so cool to see when sitting in the spa with a glass of wine or hanging out at the fire pit. Amazing in the morning, waking up feeling you're in the bush, after sleeping in a cozy bed. Everything was pristine in cleanliness and completely lives up to the rave reviews in Elle Decor Italy, Urbis, etc. You won't want to leave.
Margaret Hubert, Jun 2016
- "We had a great weekend staying here, highly recommend!"
Brooke Hannington, May 2016
- A gem of a structure the spiral staircase was a challenge but worth it for the view from the comfy bed felt like sleeping in the trees. We were attending wedding so spent little time a the BACH so did not use the hot tub!
Roni, Mar 2016