2 Split-king Beds
1 Queen Bed
2 Rollaway Beds
2 Fold-out Beds
1 Bunk Bed
Palm Beach Retreat
Palm Beach, Waiheke Island
With a north-facing hilltop position looking out over Palm Beach, this spacious 3-bedroom holiday home can sleep up to 13 guests, making it ideal for large families, groups or even small corporate retreats. Generous living area seating, including multiple couches and a table for 13, offers the perfect setup for mingling, making memories or holding meetings.
Enjoy indoor-outdoor flow like never before, with a huge lounge that opens on 2 sides, one onto a large entertaining deck with expansive sea views and seating for 10. Retractable awnings offer year-round protection from the elements while a wood burner keeps winter stays comfortable.
Beautifully landscaped with walkways, a pergola and many outdoor seats for admiring the view, the house features a charming garden setting you won’t soon forget. Relax with a glass or wine or read a book in these tranquil and lovely surroundings. With easy drive-on access and room to park a trailer boat, this premium Waiheke accommodation is also 10 minutes’ walk to Palm Beach, a smaller, sandy beach with calm waters suitable for swimming.
Winter: NZ$345 per night
Summer: NZ$445 per night
Peak: NZ$500 per night
Palm Beach Retreat Palm Beach, Waiheke Island
3 bedrooms downstairs with split King bed, Queen bed and a set of bunks with a rollaway. Masterbedroom upstairs with split King bed and ensuite, and a fold out couch (that sleeps 2).
Shower and toilet downstairs. Ensuite upstairs has small bath, toilet and shower.
Fully equipped with electric wall stove and 4 burner gas hob, dishwasher, microwave, fridge, freezer, coffee plunger.
Flat screen TV, DVD player and IPOD dock, WIFI internet, wood burner, 2 one seaters, 1 two seater and 2 three seaters, coffee table and large book shelf with books and games. Corner fold out couch that sleeps 2.
Dining room table with seating for 6-13.
Desk with telephone (local calls only) and fold out couch that sleeps 2 children.
Separate with washing machine, dryer, laundry tub, iron and ironing board. All linen and cleaning included.
Decks with seaviews, outdoor entertaining area off the lounge, BBQ, outdoor table and seating for 10 and umbrella. Upstairs off the master bedroom is another deck with table, 2 chairs and an extendable shade cloth. Off street parking for 2 cars and parking for a trailer boat.
5-10 min walk to beautiful Palm Beach, Palm Beach Fish and Chips shop and covenience store. The Lookout Restaurant & Bar is located up the hill from Palm Beach. A 10 minute drive to the car ferry at Kennedy Point and approximately an 8 min drive to the passenger ferry located at Matiatia.
There are some beautiful walks in the area as well as a playground at Palm Beach and free BBQ facilities. Palm Beach is a beautiful sandy beach - safe swimming so good for kids, great snorkeling, diving and home to plenty of boats in summer. If the wind is blowing in from the north you can get some good surf, but generally the water is calm.
The property has some hazards for small children due to the internal staircase and low balustrading on the decks. Provided is a gate to block access to the stairs.
Rates apply to 6 people. Add $30 per extra person per night (up to a total of 13 people).
Guest Book / Testimonials
- “Myself and a group of girlfriends spent a lovely weekend on Waiheke at Palm Beach Retreat. The experience was great from start to finish; excellent communication, location tips and advice, cleanliness and overall just a lovely house to stay in. Cafe and shop down the road was super handy for amenities and morning coffees/toasties. We walked Palm Beach each day which is just down the road - it’s a beautiful location.”
Lucy Webb, May 2019
- "We loved the place. Great views. Enjoyable time had by all.Thank you!" Sue Ford, Apr 2019
- "Had a great time at this lovely home. Lovely spacious living /outside area which was great for our big family gathering. Kitchen, dining and lounge area very spacious. Awesome upstairs room, spacious and lovely sea views. Other rooms also spacious. Clean and tidy. Child and baby friendly with everything (portable cot, high chair) supplied. Apart from no fencing out the front to keep the children in they had plenty of outdoor space with swings to play on and a playground and the beach within walking distance. Also cafe / restaurant close by. I would highly recommend this home to any couple/family requiring a home away from home holiday. Richard and Sharonagh were more than willing to help us in any way we required and very forthcoming with any advice on things to do on Waiheke Island. A great stay was had by all. Highly recommend. Thank you." Lee O'Callaghan, Apr 2019
- “Very lovely location and great size” Rhonda McCallum, Mar 2019
- The perfect place to spend a girls weekend! It comfortably fit 11 of us in and was nice and close to beautiful Palm Beach. Great instructions and facilities within the place.
Debbie, Feb 2019
- The house is spacious and has a great view to enjoy in the evenings. Check in was easy and Sharonagh provided some great advice for places to visit while on the island.”
Scott Calder, Nov 2018
- Great stay very easy to organise and amazing views
Leon Simpson Nov 2018
- “This place truly is a retreat! Amazing location and great views, we especially loved the beautiful big trees that attract some lovely native NZ birds. Richard was a great host with a lot of local knowledge.” We loved our stay in Waiheke and loved having such a wonderful home to appreciate it from”.
Elyse Greenfield, Sep 2018
- "Location was great, and the view was incredible. The house was very well appointed and is the perfect venue for a large group of people or a small business team building function. We would definitely use it again. Richard was very easy to deal with and very helpful when we needed more bedding dropped off" Pam Gordon, June 2018
- "Fantastic views and comfortable property, some of the beds weren’t very comfortable, particularly the sofa beds, but the price reflected this. Nice and close to everything with heaps of parking which the other properties in the area didn’t seem to have"
Krysta Frew, June 2018
- "Really enjoyed our stay. Had everything we needed."
Kate Speir, May 2018
- "Place was well kept and spacious and views were outstanding. We had 10 guests and had ample space in the house for bedding and general activity. Allowed us to have a later check out at 12pm with no extra charge Richard is of sound character. Thanks for finding the watch, it has sentimental value, and for posting it to us" Edward Benson-Cooper, May 2018
- “Great location and great for families” Jason Sullivan, Apr 2018
- “Absolutely perfect couldn’t ask for more. Totally amazing thank you” Sam Baylis, Apr 2018
- "Fantastic property, even better than the photos. Amazing views. Couldn’t be happier with place."
Kayla Nunn, Feb 2018
- "What a fantastic property. Our group thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Great location and great house. 5 min walk to the beach was great Thanks " Amelia Allen Jan 2018
- "Just perfect. Beautiful views and handy to the beach."
Amanda Muir, Jan 2018
- “Perfect place to stay for our family of six. Spacious, clean, well appointed with stunning views. Walking distance to Palm Beach. A very helpful host whose local knowledge is extensive. Thank you for allowing us to stay.
Rosemary, Jan 2018
- "Richard was available for us and he was super friendly and kind to us. Amazing place, nice location. Would definitely consider to go back in the near future." Matias Avaca Dec 2017
- "It was a smashing weekend and I would highly recommend Palm Beach Retreat to future users". Suchi Kothari Nov 2017
- "Richard was great, gave us a lot of information about the island and dining recommendations that would be best for our group. We really appreciated his level of customer service. It was an absolutely lovely Bach! With a fabulous view of the sunset!"
Liz Razey-Watts Nov 2017
- "Really enjoyed the location and view and the house is really big with plenty of room for entertainment" Andrew Malcolm Oct 2017
- "Great views from the deck, really spacious property"
Chris McDowell, Sep 2017
- "Richard met my friends on arrival as was very informative about activities and things to do on the island. The house was much more than we could have asked for, beautiful views, all household supplies provided, opening living and easily catered for our 10 people (a few rooms shared but when does that matter between friends). I would definitely recommended to others and many of my friends were asking how to book again." Penny Howard Aug 2017
- "Very accommodating thanks for tips and advice. Short walk to the bus. Great living room area for big families. Would stay again." Iona Breinhorst Jul 2017
- "Extremely helpful and accommodating, nothing was too much trouble. Wonderful position and close proximity to everything" Peter Kerr Jun 2017
- "Had a lovely stay! Was perfect for our bridal party so they could all stay together. Thank you for everything :) Large house with everything you could need. Close to the beach and public transport" Dana Sutherland Mar 2017
- “Incredible place to stay. Super spacious and incredible views. Made for a perfect getaway with friends and close to a beautiful beach. Will be coming back in the future. Thank you. ” Joey Hickman Mar 2017
- "The place was absolutely perfect :) Great views, spacious areas for our big group. We all had a ball. Thank you for having us". Lisa Topless Feb 2017
- “Amazing place with stunning views. Highly recommend!” Chanel Potaka Feb 2017
- "Excellent property for a large group. Very tidy, nice layout and spacious lounge/dining area. Some beds are much smaller than others but it didn't take away from the fantastic house and holiday!"
Lydia Waelen, Jan 2017
- "Easy communication and good service. Thanks Richard." Joanne Walker, Dec 2016
- "Fantastic views of Palm Beach & great house for a family or group of friends."
Cam Larnder, Dec 2016
- Great place and awesome location with a great view of Palm Beach. Place was very clean and everything was arranged for the extra guests including linen and bedding. Highly recommended place to stay for a weekend away.
Andrew, Nov 2016
- “The view from the house was impressive and we arrived to an immaculate spacious house. Richard the host came and walked us through all the local info and we were spoiled for choice. Richard and the owner also went out their way to help with a family situation I had and I really appreciate that. The house would be great for entertaining a number of people (I did just that) or just for a relaxing weekend. Waiheke island is small enough that anywhere you go would be a short distance anyway. Highly recommend to other travellers.”
Beatrix, Nov 2016
- "Amazing amazing house!! Love everything about it .. Great views and everything is very local. Will defiantly be coming back to Waiheke and choosing this Bach. Lovely"
Ramneet Minhas, Jun 2016
- The house was great for our family get together. As mentioned in another feedback you need to be aware that some of the beds are rollouts and sofa beds and sharing rooms. For tall adults some of these are a wee bit small. The house has lovely views and great living and deck area. Very clean and tidy and had everything we needed for our stay.
Ange Voschezang, May 2016
- Amazing property - amazing views - amazing space. BBQ was brilliant, beds were top notch. All round a fantastic spot.
Spency, Mar 2016
- Views were all amazing, and it was a short walk down to Palm Beach but the highlight had to be the insanely good tv and stereo system.
Farsheed Ibram, Feb 2015
- Great location with wonderful views over the gulf. Need a car to get most places although Palm Beach bus close by. Two issues. We ran out of data so maybe a way for the tenant to purchase and pay for additional data from the ISP? Also although technically possible to sleep 12 people, 5 of those places were either roll out beds or couches in common areas with no privacy. Okay for kids sleeping in with their parents or in living room but not really for adults.
Paul Saunders, Mar 2015
- Lovely views, clean and tidy property. Will stay here again.
Malena McQuade, Jan 2015
- Beautiful house in a beautiful part of the country.
Jonny Stanley, Feb 2014
- I booked for my whole family. They are a very fussy lot and hard to please. They all loved it, so I was very happy. They kept inviting the extended family over for cups of tea just to show it off. Next time the wider the family have to go away they all want to book houses instead of hotels like they did.
Carla Vincent, Feb 2014
- Here for our daughter's wedding - perfect spot, loved every minute!!!
Marker Family, Feb 2014
- Really fun, great view, very accommodating and close to everyhing! Loved it.
Mollie, Jan 2014
- Roomy well equipped house. Breathtaking views. Family friendly, comfortably held ten with 6 of them teenagers. Highly recommended.
Emma Fox, Jan 2014
- Beautiful house with AMAZING views. Really enjoyed our stay. Many thanks.
Adam and Rebecca, Dec 2013
- We have had a great time here in "paradise". Loved everything about your house - the great facilities and awesome views. Viva Waiheke!!
Mavis Hunt, Mar 2013
- Absolutely immaculate, what a beautiful spot you have here. Really enjoyed our stay & family time together. Thanks ;-)
Ray Meki, Mar 2013
- A truely gorgeous spot of paradise. Amazing home and surroundings. Thank you for a great stay!
Sharleen Lind, Jan 2013
- Each day spending my time in your wonderful house was another day in god's paradise. Quite a blessing for me to have the opportunity to saty where heaven seemed to have kissed the earth. Your house is truely a retreat-place where I could become calm and feel what is really important in life... Especially your magic garden. So thank you so much for providing this special, well equipped, luxurious space which I appreciated to the full!
Karin Erfurth, Jan 2013
- Beatiful view! Great place to unwind with friends. Thanks for the sound system and the upstairs bed is so comfy!
Evie, Jan 2012
- Fantastic, relaxing stay for Christmas get togehter, love the view and garden walk.
John and Shirley, Dec 2012
- Beautiful place & very comfortable! Loved the view!
Eslaine M Cracken, Aug 2012
- Very nice place, the view is great and the bed was really comfy!
Ann Horne, Aug 2012
“This place truly is a retreat! Amazing location and great views, we especially loved the beautiful big trees that attract some lovely native NZ birds. Richard was a great host with a lot of local knowledge.”Elyse’s private feedback for you:“Thanks for hosting us and for all of the additional local knowledge. We loved our stay in Waiheke and loved having such a wonderful home to appreciate it from”