Upstairs bedroom has a Queen sized bed with ensuite bathroom. Downstairs has 3 bedrooms, Master bedroom has a King sized 4-poster bed. The 2nd bedroom has a King single bed, and the 3rd bedroom has a King-split bed and one set of single bunks. The sleep out has a Queen sized bed upstairs. (The sleep out is not suitable for children under 8 years).
Sleeps: 8 - 11
Bathroom 1 is an ensuite off the upstairs bedroom with shower and toilet. Bathroom 2 is downstairs with shower, toilet and laundry facilities.
Dishwasher, 5 burner gas hob, electric oven, microwave, coffee percolator, fridge and freezer.
Off the kitchen/dinning room, 3 sofas, Freeview TV, DVD, stereo, radio and wireless internet.
Huge Tuscan-Cypress-wooden table that seats 12.
Washing machine and dryer. Linen and cleaning provided.
Large back terraced area with wood fired pizza oven, large patio with huge table and bench seating, shade cloth and trampoline. Big front lawn with a vegetable garden.
20 min walk or short drive down to Palm beach, with a convenience store, and the local fish and chips shop. Short walk to Ostend village where you will find Planit cafe, The Rocks bar, Saturdays local market, several retail shops, takeaways and the Waiheke roasted coffee cafe.
5 min drive to the car ferry at Kennedy point, 10 min drive to the passenger ferry at Matiatia. Lots of beautiful bush walks close by.
Rates apply for up to 8 people.
Extra people are $50 per night each.
Guest Book / Testimonials
- “We loved our stay at Casamatta. It was exactly as described and perfectly suited our group of all ages. We loved the outdoor area and all the different areas our guests could use. A fabulous place!”
Gillian Stokes, Nov 2019
- Great family holiday house with plenty of room. Love this bach! Would highly recommend.
Vaime Pienaar, Nov 2019
- “A fantastic space. Great outdoor and entertaining areas, and location too. The pizza oven was a nice touch too!!” Matthew Hitchman, Oct 2019
- This was a fantastic place - we had 4 families staying here including 2 children and 3 infants. The location and space was perfect, and we enjoyed the gardens, pizza oven and facilities. Richard was there to meet us on arrival and gave us some great suggestions of places we should visit and things to do during our stay. We took a slightly earlier ferry and Richard was able to accommodate us by letting us in a bit early. A very welcome thing given the size of our travelling party and number of babies. This was the perfect place for a group getaway and we would definitely stay here again next time we visit New Zealand.
Jon Quach, Sep 2019
- We hired Casamatta for a special family weekend. Great place with a great atmosphere. We really enjoyed the outdoor pizza oven.
Deb Goulter, Sep 2019
- Awesome communication and a really cool place to stay accommodating a large group . Lots of space. Thanks we will definitely use again.
Nicki Robb, Sep 2019
- A great property for our large, mixed group. We had a fantastic weekend and the house was perfect.
Trevor Cooper, Aug 2019
- Perfect if you have a big group - even has a little sleep out if there are a couple of people that need their privacy. Would highly recommend and can't wait to come back again with a big group - next time I would bring espresso roasted beans for the GIANT stove top espresso. Definitely worth every dollar. Made for a memorable birthday weekend! Unfortunately we didn't use the pizza oven - it started to downpour while we were trying to light the fire, but the indoor fire really warmed the place up though and made for toasty mornings and evenings. 100% recommend.
Nicole Schoombie, Jul 2019
- Great spacious place and a quick walk to shops! Would definitely stay again! Thank you
Millie Jury, Jul 2019
- Beautiful secluded lovely appointed home.
Mary Kerrigan, Jun 2019
- “Great place to stay. Very roomy with great kitchen and living area. Everything you would need for a big group.” Luca Killick, May 2019
- “The place was great! Plenty of space for all. Love the veranda at the front and the big open kitchen. We all felt right at home here.” Annabel Bauer, Apr 2019
- “We loved this house - we were an extended family of 9 and the house worked really well for all of us. Great space inside and out and a terrific location - walk to Ostend shops and a cute market on Saturday.” Sheryl Mackintosh, Apr 2019
- “Richard was very accommodating and gave us great tips for vineyards. Check in/out was easy. Space was perfect for a large group and we especially enjoyed the outdoor area and pizza oven. Kitchen amenities were excellent as well. Not close to the beach but surrounded by gorgeous native bush and a short walk to Ostend which has shops, supermarket and Saturday markets. Communication from the host was excellent.” Sandra Laurenson, Feb 2019
- “Perfect venue for a group if friends or family, has a wonderful European feel and so pleased we made the effort to use thr puzza oven. It was the perfect place for the family, lots of intetesting areas and decor.” Cate Hlavac, Feb 2019
- “Great place for group of people, space is open, perfect for groups. Easy walk to shops and big countdown. Fab house! We loved our stay!!” Chloe Hudson, Feb 2019
- “Perfect accommodation for a large group. Plenty of spaces for getting together as a group while also allowing everyone to enjoy privacy and quiet time. We were over in Waiheke for my daughter’s wedding and the house provided ample room, in a beautiful setting, for the preparations. Richard is a fabulous host and the welcoming bottle of wine was much appreciated.
Elizabeth, Feb 2019
- “We had a fabulous stay at Casamatta for our girls weekend! It's large, spacious, and spread out...perfect for a large group. Very clean and plenty of outdoor space to enjoy the weather. Only feedback we had for Richard was to possibly get a pizza stone to use in the pizza oven as there has been a little wear and tear on the bottom which makes it difficult to keep a nice, clean pizza base. That is literally the only constructive feedback I could give him. So many great things about this house and would stay at again. Thank you!”
Lauren, Jan 2019
- What a great place! Has everything you need especially for large groups. The pizza oven was a hit and the home brought everyone together! Will def stay here again! Jesse Pilisi, Dec 2018
- "Nice and large property that suited our large family group well. Would recommend a rental car as was reasonably isolated. Able to walk to local shops/markets which was handy. We enjoyed having a pizza night using the outdoor pizza oven. The wood burner fire was handy also given that it was a wet winter weekend.
Brendan Mefan, Jun 2018
- "“We had a great stay at Casamatta. The house comfortably fit our family of nine. Richard was very knowledgeable about Waiheke and gave us some great advice. We would definitely come back!” Laurel Foreman., May 2018
- "Beautiful house with great facilities, the kitchen had everything and the pizza oven is well worth firing up!! Amazing." Rebecca Peach, May 2018
- “A stunning home on Waiheke about five mins from the main town centre. Everything was tidy and clean. The many beds make it great for larger groups. I would stay again.” Matty Selak, Mar 2018
- "Great home and even better host. Everything about this home was amazing. Would stay here again without a doubt" Chance Crawfoed-Mickleson Feb 2018
- “This place is so well set up for a family or group and it was perfect for our stay. We loved the outdoor area! We so appreciated being able to check-in early. I’d definitely recommend! Thanks again.” Alex Herbert Feb 2018
- "Location is good as it was close to town yet quiet at night. Good host, thank you for your prompt replies. Thank you again!" Yon Tang Feb 2018
- “Had a great stay for a wedding, close to everything and Richard was very informative regarding the vineyards that we explored & we were pleasantly surprised! We cooked local fresh oysters in the wood oven which turned out delicious! Everything was clean & has everything you need. Waiheke is an awesome place to stay, next time we will stay for at 2 weeks! Thanks for the great stay!” Katherine O'Regan Jan 2018
- “Great place for larger group. Would definitely recommend this place and go again.” Su May, Jan 2018
- “Great place especially for large groups. Lots of character with amazing outdoor living. Loved the pizza oven!” Kate Rea Nov 2017
- “Beautiful big house. Very clean. Had everything we needed for our girls weekend! Great stay” Allie Hogan Nov 2017
- “A wonderful location in the heart of Waiheke that's walkable distance to the local markets, vineyards, breweries and beaches. We thoroughly enjoyed this beautiful home set amongst the bush with a wonderful outdoor living area with a pizza oven, which we used to make amazing pizzas. The local supermarket is a short walk or drive away so getting the ingredients for our pizzas (and buying local wine to go with) was easy. The dawn chorus here is wonderful due to the abundant bird life. The house spacious with lots of wonderful areas to relax. We were a family of seven and enjoyed spreading out as well as coming together around the dinner table and kitchen area. It's also close to wonderful wineries and the local market and beaches. Highly recommend.”
Carolyn, Sep 2017
- "Perfect for a large group. Really nice beds.....nice and homely."
Rachael Davenport, Sep 2017
- “Great home, awesome location! We really enjoyed using the pizza oven for pizzas the first night, and a slow roasted lamb shoulder the next! Thanks for having us!” Chris Williamson Jul 2017
- "This house was beyond amazing, despite horrendous weather over the weekend, my friends and I enjoyed our time. Spacious, private and gorgeous, host was amazing with communication and made sure we had everything. Would definitely stay at this Bach again. Thank you for the memories!!" Aisha Ade Jul 2017
- “Well equipped, beautiful scenery, great communication. Fantastic outdoor areas at front and back that I feel a need to come back to in better weather! More than happy with my stay here, we went for my mother's 70th and it fitted the bill perfectly!” Pip Hawkes Jul 2017
- “Thank-you! Great stay.” Angela Crudd Jul 2017
- “Lovely house. Gorgeous outdoor area...just wish it had of been summer! Thanks for having us, it's a great spot and I remember staying here a few years ago. ” Michelle Woolley Jun 2017
- “A beautiful character filled property with fantastic outdoor area. We loved the pizza oven - although we didn't cook it was a great outdoor fire, and loved the festive outdoor lighting. Very clean, beautifully presented and a pleasure to stay in.” Marika Bevin-Jukes May 2017
- "House was lovely both inside and out and perfect for a group. Using the pizza oven was a great way to spend an evening catching up. House was surrounded by trees and bird life. Fun going to Saturday am markets a short walk across mangroves." Ana Dernier May 2017
- “Such a comfortable place with lots of areas depending on the weather, large kitchen/dining, covered deck, open deck, comfortable living room, all in such a tranquil setting.” Kurt Mastrovich Apr 2017
- "Nice big property, great for all the kids and pizza oven was fun to use"
Michael Sue, Apr 2017
- "Easy to deal with and quick to answer any questions. I've used him before and will do in the future. Comes highly recommend" Jordan Leverifge Fen 2017
- "Large and beautiful house, ideal for large families or groups travelling together. We had a good time using the pizza oven! The house is set in a quiet location, with beautiful garden and views." Wei Yii Jan 2017
- "Fantastic place for a large family weekend, absolutely loved everything about it"
Sue McNutt, Nov 2016
- We were an extended family group eleven in total with children 5- 10 years and it worked very well for us plenty of space clean and tidy and a short drive to Palm Beach.
Margaret Tomlinson, Jan 2015
- It was a great place to stay for a big group. Very accommodating. We loved the wood fire pizza oven and the outdoor setting.
Elizabeth van Huenen, Dec 2014
- The property had great atmosphere and great for large groups.
Jackie Conaghan, Nov 2014
- Really great for large groups, it was perfect for our girls weekend as there are many options for indoor or outdoor spaces, covered or open. Having downstairs and the cute little studio also allows for plenty of room and privacy. Beds so comfortable & nice linen & towels. Awesome big outdoor table for entertaining. Would definitely love to stay here again! Thank you
Janet Keven, Nov 2014
- Lovely house, really enjoyed our stay! Such a nice setting. Would definitely stay again. Loved the pizza oven.
Bryony Kapo, Sep 2014
- House was amazing. A great weekend was had by all. The coffee left by Richard is still a talking point.
Dearbhaile Hurley, Apr 2014
- Great property - plenty of space for large groups and variety for entertaining. The Pizza oven & kitchen and living areas very roomy. Decor was very tasteful. We all loved the awesome wooden bench top.
Cecilia Hurley, Mar 2014
- A great "Home of Madness" - the perfect place for extended family weekend with ages ranging from 85 to teens. We had a great time cooking, eating and sampling wine and celebrating numerous family birthdays for the mad month of March. Thank you for making our family time special and enjoyable. We will have to find another reason to return soon.
ADDITIONALCOMMENT : Every thing was perfect - thank you Richard for your care and attention. Please thank the family whom own the property for their hospitality too. Kind regards
Cecilia & Family, Mar 2014
- I stayed here with 9 friends, we had a fantastic time, its a great house for entertaining with the great pizza oven, large outdoor table and open plan kitchen. The beds were really comfortable and the house had a great feel to it. It wasn't walking distance too much but the buses on the island are easy enough to catch I would definitely stay here again
Michelle Honore, Mar 2014
- It is sheltered; we were there during Cyclone Lusi and hardly noticed it except for the rain. Pizza oven great fun even if we couldn't get it to right temperature. We were a mixed family group (6 adults, two grandchildren) and it really worked well for us. Particularly liked the large family table and very well-equipped kitchen.
Bruce Ferguson, Mar 2014
- Great hosts, great house! Casamatta is the perfect place for large or small groups to enjoy arestful and comfortable holiday on beautiful Waiheke. It has everything you need, as well as some fantastic extras. The pizza oven was a huge hit with us, as were ALL those cozy living spaces and super spacious kitchen where everyone could gather, have a drink and soak up the atmosphere. We will be back :) Thanks for having us!
Natalie Neuhauser, Jan 2014
- Great house to relax with friends, especially the great outdoor area and Pizza Oven. Had a fantastic weekend and would definitely recommend this place.
Jamie Ritchie, Aug 2013
- Thanks for a great few days with the family. Can you pass onto the owners our real appreciation of being able to share their house with our family. First time we have all been together for a couple of years and don’t know when it will happen again so it was a magic time. The outdoor living and space of the property were key.
Trevor Taylor, Apr 2013
- This house was incredible! We had an amazing weekend and wanted for nothing, the house is equipped with everything you might need. The rooms are gorgeous, and we loved all the little areas to enjoy the sun, relax, eat meals etc. We mastered the pizza oven without much trouble (a great source of pride) and just generally didn't ever want to leave! Highly recommended.
Willow Nov 2012
- Great property, well maintained and perfect for our small wedding party. Pizza oven was great fun and pizzas were lovely. Spotlessly clean and felt really homely. Didn't want to leave. Property managers were pleasant, friendly and very helpful. Highly recommend Casamatta. Mark and Tracey (UK)
Tracey Cartwright, Apr 2012
- Fab spot. Quiet and user friendly, yet very stylish as well. Great for groups.
Julie Anderson, Mar 2012
- Fantastic property, loads of space, very well equipped kitchen - thanks for the champagne, mineral water and olives - and beautiful grounds (freshly grown lettuce and herbs - amazing!)! Bumbled our way into using the pizza oven - great fun, and awesome pizzas! Great place to retreat with friends. Thank you.
Lucy Riggall, Nov 2011
- Had a lovely stay, really enjoyed ourselves. House is amazing! Would definitely stay again!
Sarah Nell, Mar 2011