Bedrooms: 3 + sleepout
The master bedroom upstairs has a Queen bed, bed-side tables and lamps, walk-in wardrobe and an
ensuite bathroom. The second bedroom has a Queen bed with bed-side tables, lamps and a hanging
trassle. The third bedroom has King-split beds with a wardrobe, drawers, bed-side tables and lamps.
An additional detached sleepout has a king-split bed and drawers.
A portacot is available on request.
Bathrooms: 2 and 1/2
An ensuite off the master bedroom, recently renovated, has a shower, toilet, double hand basins, vanity, large mirror and heated towel rails. A separate upstairs “powder room” has a toilet, sink and mirror. The downstairs bathroom has a shower, vanity, mirror, toilet and heated towel rails.
The kitchen is fully equipped with a gas hob, two electric Fisher & Paykel wall ovens, AEG dishwasher, microwave, fridge, freezer, Nespresso machine (you will have to supply your own capsules) and coffee plunger. An additional kitchenette downstairs has an electric oven and hob, fridge, freezer and microwave.
The north-facing open plan lounge area upstairs has seating for 8-10. It has panaromic views over Sandy Bay, looking out towards Tiri Tiri Island. The lounge opens out onto a north-facing deck. There is a large SKY flat screen TV, DVD player, WIFI internet, two oil heaters and a gas heater.
Another living space downstairs between the two bedrooms has lounge seating for 4 and a dining table with 4 chairs. The downstairs living space also has lovely views over Sandy Bay, and opens out to another north-facing deck. There is a second large flat screen TV, WIFI, games, jigsaws and books.
The upstairs dining room accommodates 6-8 at a round table. The dining room has a bookcase, ipod
dock, stereo and WIFI.
There is an upstairs laundry with a washing machine and dryer, plus an outside clothes line. All linen is supplied, except beach towels. An iron, ironing board and hair dryer are included.
Outdoor facilities:Closeby attractions:
Upstairs and downstairs decks are north-facing, with views over Sandy Bay. The upstairs deck has
outdoor furniture, including a table with seating for 8 plus 4 wire-framed lounge chairs and an umbrella. The downstairs split-level deck has a gas BBQ, coffee table and chairs. Three kayaks (2 adult, 1 child), a dinghy, 4 life jackets and 2 boogie boards are available. There is off-street parking for 2 cars.
Golden Sands is a beachfront property, just a few steps from the sand of Sandy Bay! Sandy Bay is a safe and secluded all-tide swimming beach, where you can also launch your boat. Picturesque Enclosure Bay is a gentle 5-minute walk away, and there are many other beautiful walks close by.Sandy Bay is close to Palm Beach and Oneroa Beaches, a short drive to Oneroa village with cafes, restaurants, bars, shops, library and art galleries, and close to wineries, golf and the supermarket.Golden Sands is a 10-minute drive from the car ferry and an 8-minute drive from the passenger ferry servicing downtown Auckland.
Guest Book / Testimonials
- Amazing location. Loved having access to the kayaks, dingy and e-bikes.
- Frances Ramsay, Mar 2020
- 'We had a fabulous stay at this property. We had daily swims in the ocean as you're right on the lovely beach, we took down a kayak too which was great until we had to lug it back up the steep driveway! Loved the views from the sunny decks. Worth walking 5 mins up the road to Enclosure bay at high tide, very pretty. Richard is full of local vineyard knowledge. Agree that its a bit isolated and that a car is needed- but most of Waiheke is like that! We did not use/book the sleep out'
Chanelle Rodeka, Feb 2020
- 'Great place! Super close to the beach, with walks just outside the front door. Good and quick communication with the hosts as well.'
Ida Lindgren, Feb 2020
- 'Excellent place in Sandy Bay with the beach and view at your footsteps. Everything catered for including electric bikes. Lots of space, great for a big family or friends group. Waiheke scuba diving, fishing off the boat or rocks, swimming or splashing - it’s all there. 40 minute walk to Oneroa along through the bush and along the beach just want to you before a good coffee. Waiheke 5 O - taxis - fixed price for a group is good value. Vineyards a must at cable bay and mud brick and 372 restaurant in Onetangi is beautiful food and wine at the upper end of budget. Another trip is planned.'
Chris Butson, Feb 2020
- 'Spacious house with a gorgeous view. Perfect for entertaining. Definetely the highlight of our New Zealand trip!'
Pyrawy, Feb 2020
- Awesome property in a superb location with everything there - loved the kayaks and ebikes. Well suited to our family of 6, with kids having separated accommodation in the lower level of the house. We all had a fabulous time and would definitely stay there again.
Becca Moses, Jan 2020
- 'Lovely family bach, plenty of space for two families and even had two balconies! There were kayaks and a boogie board available, which we loved. The beach was a hop, skip and a jump, and not too many people, which we also loved. Amazing view! Being able to barbecue in the evening sun was just gorgeous!'
Elizabeth Fagen, Jan 2020
- A fantastic house & location. We will definitely book again. Thanks Richard for your insight into the the Waiheke scene. Most valuable. Cheers
Graham Head. Jan 2020
- 5 Star. What a stunning view from the property! We absolutely rated our stay there and will book again!
Darryn Head, Jan 2020
- 'Lovely place with amazing views. Great for the kids as the beach was a stone throw away.'
Poohan Nathan, Dec 2019
- Great property and location. Well set up with separate areas for two families. Easy walk to the beach and beautiful views from many rooms of the house. The sleepout was a bonus for a quiet place to retreat which our daughter enjoyed. Overall a lovely place to stay.
Judith Allison, Dec 2019
- Five stars !! What an amazing trip, I've never been to waiheke and the little bay we stayed in right on the beach linked to our driveway was wonderful. Bring your own vehicle just makes things so much easier as well. Coming back in a few months time for sure.
Jessica Dinington, Sep 2019
- Amazing views! Beautiful location. Richard came and sat with us giving us a very in depth run down of things to do - very helpful guy. I would recommend having some transport as it is a 10minute walk from a bus stop - the view makes up for this though. It is a seriously stunning property, powerful showers and very clean. We would stay again!”
Nikki McDonald, June 2019
- A fabulous place to stay for a family get together. Well equipped, clean & excellent location. Sunny June weather meant we were able to make good use of the kayaks, dinghy & bikes. Would highly recommend.
Andie, Jun 2019
- We absolutely loved this house and location. The EBikes and Kayaks were an added bonus which we loved. Richard was very informative about the island and the bottle of wine was a lovely touch. We will definitely be back. Weiheke Island is a secret treasure and we had a wonderful time there. Highly recommend.
Venecia Rae, May 2019
- “AMAZING house and a fantastic location! Would absolutely recommend to anyone looking for a great, once-in-a-lifetime experience.”
Jason Trujillo, May 2019
- “What a great location with great amenities like the kayaks! I would strongly recommend staying here!” Robert Ullman, May 2019
- "Everyone loved the views and location in Sandy Bay.The house was well planned for visitors and meeting friends.The 8 of us had a great time.Just the wifi was not working, but we had the key away when the repair person came, so not to worry.Thank you, it made for a very enjoyable weekend." Shona Work, Apr 2019
- “We had an amazing few days! It was great being able to walk out onto the beach. The kids enjoyed the kayaks and we enjoyed a glass of wine out on the deck watching the sunset. Great hosts! Thank you!” Penny Larcombe, Apr 2019
- “A beautiful spot, the home was wonderfully clean , plenty of crockery and cutlery provisions for our family, a gorgeous spot overlooking Sandy Bay and 1 min walk from the beach. Highly recommend this lovely home.” Kevin and Rosemary Taylor, Apr 2019
- “This home was the perfect location for views of the bay and only a short taxi ride away from the wineries. We loved sitting out on the patio watching the sunset! The ebikes were an extra bonus!” Jessica Moody, Mar 2019
- Our stay was wonderful thank you. Great property with a lovely view.
The property manager was very helpful on arrival also.
Very minor issue with the smoke alarm so close to the kitchen meant it went off while trying to cook anything but otherwise holiday was perfect.
Lydia Davis, Jan 2019
- “Great location and access to the beach. Lovely views across the water. The property has everything we needed for a comfortable stay. Thanks for being a great host.” Cynthia, Jan 2018
- "Fantastic spot overlooking Sandy Bay. 5 stars. Richard was very helpful on check in. House very well equipped." Fiona Flannery, Dec 2018
- “Thank you i had a wonderful weekend in the house, the house is beautiful, the view amazing.
Chandranee Deenoo, Nov 2018
- “This place is so amazing! Photos don't do it justice. Such a Nice spot and the e-bikes were super fun! Comfiest beds aswell :) 10/10 would recommend! ”
Hannaah, Jul 2018
- The property was great. The views are quite stunning from the main lounge! Very comfortable and well-appointed.Camille Tooman, Jul 2018Many thanks for making the logistics of our stay easy.
- "House was spacious, and clean. Great views. Driveway was very steep and tight for car, bushes need to be cut back. Beds very comfortable. The beach in particular is a lovely bay, we encountered sting rays. Had Wi-Fi. Kitchen has a cupboard that's like a tardis. We enjoyed our stay here, we got married on sandy bay beach and had a lovely reception at the waiheke resort palm beach."
Claire Chaps, May 2018
- "Property was clean had everything we required, lovely and quiet and peaceful with exceptional views the only problem was leaving it behind." Jocelyn Knussen, Mar 2018
- “This was a perfect place for a family stay - the older kids could take themselves to the beach while we watched for the balcony and the 2 separate living spaces meant grown ups got sleep-ins!” Victoria Priday Jan 2018
- “Brilliant location, wonderful setting right by the beach. Great amenities with the ebikes, kayaks, dinghy. Very responsive and thoughtful host.” Seth Bateman Dec 2017
- "Booking process was easy and went well. Excellent property and location. It was great to be able to see the whole beach just below the house and to watch the tide and boats come and go. We could not have been happier with our accommodation choice." Grant Pearson Dec 2017
- "Perfect spot by the bay with lots of deck space overlooking it. The house is spacious, well kept and fitted out with all you would need." Rebecca Fox Dec 2017
- “Great wee induction steer on great spots on the island. We have often been to Waiheke but Richard pointed out a few new treasures for us to find! - we followed a few of the recommendations and saw a few new sights --- given we are fairly seasoned island holidayers it was a welcome steer away from our normal spots!! Thanks!” Melanie Dooney Nov 2017
- “We had a great long weekend. Tons of room for six adults and two kids, right on the beach. Lots of extras like the kayaks, e-bike and dinghy. Kitchen had everything. Would absolutely go back for this kind of family get together. Our family really enjoyed the stay Richard. Great space and location. Thanks, Glenn.” Glenn Cunningham Oct 2017
- Amazing location and the views were incredible! Richard is super friendly, the house is comfy and has all the amenities you'd need.
Louise, Sep 2017
- "Absolutely lovely bach overlooking quiet bay perfect for swimming and kayaking. Even had a coffee machine. Would definitely come back." Orna McGinn Apr 2017
- The host and ome were both wonderful. I would totally recommend this place to a friend and would love to return. Thanks for the great service Richard.
Kasey Mar 2017
- "Amazing property, great location with outstanding views. Very roomy fitted in 7 adults and 2 babies comfortably. Having the Kayaks and E Bikes onsite a lovely bonus. Would definitely recommend this property. Richard answered communications promptly, he met us at the house to welcome us and explain Waiheke's attractions. Over all very happy with the entire booking process." John Riddler Mar 2017
- "Richard was great and everything was smooth and easy for us to enjoy the property. Was great, we all wanted to stay longer" Chris Hamill Mar 2017
- “The house is amazing. We had a great cooking in the kitchen. And the bed is superb. Also, we enjoyed the private beach so much. Neither too secluded nor too noisy. Perfect place for a large family! ” Rachel Sheng Jan 2017
- “Richard, we really enjoyed staying at Golden Sands on Waiheke Island. The view is beautiful, the location is great (we didn't realise how close to the beach it is!), the layout worked really well for us, and the house itself is very comfortable. Thanks again - we had a great weekend and hope to be able to return someday soon. Best regards. Bob” Robert Vitale Jan 2017
- "This property is something special. It's location is simply outstanding with commanding views of the bay and the level of amenity provided is second to none. Having access to kayaks, electric bikes! just adds so much to the experience of Waiheke. Attention to detail such as the bbq tools, lighter and equipment laid out ready to use shows a real consideration to making the experience fantastic. Highly recommended. Thank you Richard and thank you Golden Sands!"
Chris jack, Nov 2016
- Suited our family perfectly. Such a lovely outlook, must be awesome in summer. Everything we needed was there.
Barbara Knauf, Oct 2016
- "Beautiful location & well looked after. Can't wait to come back."
Jeremy Gleye, Oct 2016
- Totally Bitchen! Great spot.
Jeffrey, Mar 2016
- Lovely open plan up and down living areas and right on the beach.
Louise Deakin, Nov 2015
- Amazing house with beautiful views over the beach and everything you could hope for. The kitchen is very well equipped and the beds are comfortable. It's very clean and well maintained. We had a great stay here. Thank you!
Sona Jarosova, Sep 2015
- Beautiful views from the balconies, warm home with a beautiful homely feel while still being an amazing modern home. We loved our weekend at Golden Sands. The bikes were awesome!
Raywin Rae, Aug 2015
- Excellent location overlooking the beach which is a stone's throw away. House is lovley and in great condition, has everything you need for a weekend getaway. Just needs to be clearer in the description that bedroom 3 is an outside sleepout, not part of the main house :)
Kathryin Lee, Apr 2015
- Fantastic property in a glorious setting. Well supplied in terms of equipment and so on - wish we could have had a week to try everything out!
Tooki Proctor, Mar 2015
- Golden Sands is the ultimate Waiheke holiday home. It is luxurious, comfortable, has a very well equipped kitchen and the deck off the lounge is simply the best. You can sit on this deck all day long and watch the world go by. The views are simply stunning and you are so close to the water that you can hear the waves lapping against the shores of Sandy Bay. It is perfect for families, (the beach is super safe) and groups and is a very spacious well set out home. They have thought of everything for this beach home and we could not have had a more relaxing, invigorating, peaceful , happy holiday. I cannot speak more highly of this property to rent at anytime of year to enjoy this incredible part of Waiheke island. Downstairs can be used as a teenagers retreat leaving the upstairs for adults - everyone undisturbed and happy ! This really is an incredible home and well worth a visit. I am still dreaming about sitting on the deck and looking at the sea view ! Bliss.
Claire Morgan, Feb 2015