Click any photo to enlarge
1 King Bed
Matiatia, Waiheke Island
The ultimate in luxury, this boutique Waiheke accommodation offers honeymooners, couples, business executives and worldwide travelers the very best. Nestled in spectacular native bush, your sumptuously appointed suite pampers you with French Mediterranean-inspired details. Admire stunning views of Matiatia Bay from anywhere in the 50-square-meter room, even your king-size bed, lavishly outfitted with imported linens.
Awaken to a complimentary breakfast delivered to your suite, and enjoy it on your private patio overlooking the ocean, in a provided waffle robe. L’Occitane toiletries, fresh flowers, and complimentary refreshments and treats are among the many special touches included. Explore white-sand beaches and take in stunning cliff-top views by day, and indulge in a spa bath with a glass of champagne as you watch the twinkling lights of Auckland by night. Cable Bay and Mudbrick vineyards are close by, as is Oneroa Village, the island’s main entertainment district.
A Mediterranean-style courtyard with a pergola and water feature is also available as a wedding venue for up to 60 guests, with scenic views of Auckland and romantic sunset backdrops. Full use of the gallery, lounge area, and main residence kitchen for food and beverage preparation is included. (Please contact our office for more details.)
Winter: NZ$395 per night
Summer: NZ$485 per night
Peak: NZ$545 per night
Pohutukawa Suite Matiatia, Waiheke Island
The bedroom has a King sized bed, with electric blanket, imported linens and quilts, bedside tables and overhead reading lights.
Large bathroom, with spa bath, fully tiled shower, toilet, heated towel rail and hair dryer.
SKY TV, DVD/CD player, and broadband WIFI Internet available, and air conditioning. The lounge area looks out over Matiatia bay,
All quality linen and cleaning included.
The private patio is accessed from the bedroom and lounge with views out over Matiatia, back to the city lights of Auckland. Secure car parking is right at your door in a large flat courtyard.
Close to the famous Cable Bay and Mudbrick Vineyards. A short 2 min drive (or 15 minute stroll) to Oneroa village with a variety of shops, banks, the post office, gas station, Information centre, cafes, restaurants and bars including: The Oyster Inn, Sand Bar, Fenice, Wai Kitchen, The Cove, The Red Crab, Vino Vino, Oneroa Beach Club, Delight, and Oceanview Fish and Chips. The village also includes various Art Centres, a Four Square superette, Fruit & Veg shop and 2 liquor stores.
Only a 2 minute walk to the passenger ferry located at Matiatia and approximately a 10-15 minute drive to the car ferry located at Kennedy Point.
Pohutukawa Suite: Book this property
Hover mouse over calendars for rates
Secure Online Payments for Confirmed Bookings
Once we have confirmed your booking with you, we will email you a link to our booking confirmation page to enter your credit card details via our secure server.
If your booking is cancelled within 2 weeks prior to booking date, a 100% cancellation fee applies. If your booking is cancelled 2 weeks to 2 months prior to booking date, a 30% cancellation fee applies.
Guest Book / Testimonials
- “We so much enjoyed our stay at Waiheke and the suite was beautiful. Lovely views and sunsets, spacious and luxurious. Use of the car opened up so much more of the island for us too. Gary was a fabulous and generous host!” Meaghan Fitzpatrick Dec 2017
- "Friendly and easy to deal with.Lovely property and views" Jennie Mandeno Dec 2017
- “Stunning location that will linger in your thoughts for a few days after you leave. Great host that made us feel at home and welcomed - like letting us borrow a vehicle to explore Waiheke #thumbsup. Thanks again!” Clay Hau Dec 2017
- “What an amazing find... the view, the food supplied and access to the loan car was an unexpected bonus. Highly recommend ”
Peter, Jul 2017
- “Thanks for keeping the room well stocked. We enjoyed the ambience of the unit and the view it provided.” Jason Fong Apr 2017
- “Romantic, secluded place with lovely views. We arrived early, expecting to just drop our bags off and go explore, but the room was already ready. Complementary wine and beers were in the fridge, along with some snacks. Wifi was available too. Some guides recommended hiring a car, but if you just want to get to Oneroa then it's a 20 minute walk" Matt Duncombe Mar 2017
- “Perfect location just a short walk from the ferry terminal. Views looking back towards the city were amazing. The hospitality throughout was exceptional. The ability to use the Car and see more of the island on Friday was perfect. View looking back towards the city was amazing ” Timothy Schaeffer Mar 2017
- “Amazing relaxing location. Will definitely stay here again ” Colette Parkinson Mar 2017
- “An ideal spot for a romantic getaway. Perfectly located a short walk from the ferry terminal. Very well appointed and spacious room.” Ralph Redoubt Feb 2017
- "Very good. Amazing view. Great surprise to have complimentary food and drink in the fridge. Couldn't have asked for anything better" Dan Nemeschansky Feb 2017
- Great Place, amazing view , very helpful host who went above and beyond to make our stay easy and a pleasure... Thanks :)
Brett Rattey, Apr 2015
- Brilliant stay. Amazing property, immaculate presentation and amazing views. Wonderful hosts and lovely touch with the breakfast being delivered.
Malcolm Lawry, Feb 2015
- The property was very well presented and spacious for two people.
Chloe Davidson, Dec 2014
- Beautiful location, well kept, high-quality suite.
Greg Bond, Jan 2014
- Location, bath, privacy.
Karen Smith, Jan 2014
- Fantastic spot and wonderful hospitality. We were made to feel most welcome but also given total privacy. We will definitely be back.
Karen Smith, Dec 2013