1 King Bed
1 Split-king Bed
1 Queen Bed
1 Double Bed
1 Single Bed
1 Bunk Bed
Wilma Rd, Palm Beach
A stylish, spacious and welcoming home with plenty of room for family and friends, this gorgeous 5-bedroom holiday house sleeps up to 11. Made for mingling but also with multiple private areas, it includes a 2-level sleep-out and a shaded southern deck.
Perfect for large groups, foodies and families who like to eat, this premium Waiheke accommodation features a covered entertaining area, an open-plan catering kitchen, a wood-fired pizza oven on its roomy back terrace, and a veggie garden on a large front lawn. There’s even a trampoline for the kids! Inside, a mix of modern and traditional décor, including a 4-poster bed, creates a rustic, romantic vibe.
Surrounded by bush yet open and sunny, the property is often visited by tuis and woodpigeons that take refuge in the reserve. It’s also just a short stroll across a walkway to Ostend Village, where you’ll find the Rock Bar, takeaways, several shops, the Saturday local market and Waiheke roasted coffee. Palm Beach is a few minutes’ drive or 20 minutes’ walk away. The Kennedy Point car ferry is close as well.
Winter: NZ$550 per night
Summer: NZ$650 per night
Peak: NZ$700 per night
Casamatta Waiheke Wilma Rd, Palm Beach
Upstairs bedroom has a Queen sized bed with ensuite bathroom. Downstairs has 3 bedrooms, Master bedroom has a King sized 4-poster bed. The 2nd bedroom has a King single bed, and the 3rd bedroom has a King-split bed and one set of single bunks. The sleep out has a Queen sized bed upstairs. (The sleep out is not suitable for children under 8 years).
Sleeps: 8 - 11
Bathroom 1 is an ensuite off the upstairs bedroom with shower and toilet. Bathroom 2 is downstairs with shower, toilet and laundry facilities.
Dishwasher, 5 burner gas hob, electric oven, microwave, coffee percolator, fridge and freezer.
Off the kitchen/dinning room, 3 sofas, Freeview TV, DVD, stereo, radio and wireless internet.
Huge Tuscan-Cypress-wooden table that seats 12.
Washing machine and dryer. Linen and cleaning provided.
Large back terraced area with wood fired pizza oven, large patio with huge table and bench seating, shade cloth and trampoline. Big front lawn with a vegetable garden.
20 min walk or short drive down to Palm beach, with a convenience store, and the local fish and chips shop. Short walk to Ostend village where you will find Planit cafe, The Rocks bar, Saturdays local market, several retail shops, takeaways and the Waiheke roasted coffee cafe.
5 min drive to the car ferry at Kennedy point, 10 min drive to the passenger ferry at Matiatia. Lots of beautiful bush walks close by.
Rates apply for up to 8 people.
Extra people are $50 per night each.
Guest Book / Testimonials
- “Great place especially for large groups. Lots of character with amazing outdoor living. Loved the pizza oven!” Kate Rea Nov 2017
- “Beautiful big house. Very clean. Had everything we needed for our girls weekend! Great stay” Allie Hogan Nov 2017
- “A wonderful location in the heart of Waiheke that's walkable distance to the local markets, vineyards, breweries and beaches. We thoroughly enjoyed this beautiful home set amongst the bush with a wonderful outdoor living area with a pizza oven, which we used to make amazing pizzas. The local supermarket is a short walk or drive away so getting the ingredients for our pizzas (and buying local wine to go with) was easy. The dawn chorus here is wonderful due to the abundant bird life. The house spacious with lots of wonderful areas to relax. We were a family of seven and enjoyed spreading out as well as coming together around the dinner table and kitchen area. It's also close to wonderful wineries and the local market and beaches. Highly recommend.”
Carolyn, Sep 2017
- "Perfect for a large group. Really nice beds.....nice and homely."
Rachael Davenport, Sep 2017
- “Great home, awesome location! We really enjoyed using the pizza oven for pizzas the first night, and a slow roasted lamb shoulder the next! Thanks for having us!” Chris Williamson Jul 2017
- "This house was beyond amazing, despite horrendous weather over the weekend, my friends and I enjoyed our time. Spacious, private and gorgeous, host was amazing with communication and made sure we had everything. Would definitely stay at this Bach again. Thank you for the memories!!" Aisha Ade Jul 2017
- “Well equipped, beautiful scenery, great communication. Fantastic outdoor areas at front and back that I feel a need to come back to in better weather! More than happy with my stay here, we went for my mother's 70th and it fitted the bill perfectly!” Pip Hawkes Jul 2017
- “Thank-you! Great stay.” Angela Crudd Jul 2017
- “Lovely house. Gorgeous outdoor area...just wish it had of been summer! Thanks for having us, it's a great spot and I remember staying here a few years ago. ” Michelle Woolley Jun 2017
- “A beautiful character filled property with fantastic outdoor area. We loved the pizza oven - although we didn't cook it was a great outdoor fire, and loved the festive outdoor lighting. Very clean, beautifully presented and a pleasure to stay in.” Marika Bevin-Jukes May 2017
- "House was lovely both inside and out and perfect for a group. Using the pizza oven was a great way to spend an evening catching up. House was surrounded by trees and bird life. Fun going to Saturday am markets a short walk across mangroves." Ana Dernier May 2017
- “Such a comfortable place with lots of areas depending on the weather, large kitchen/dining, covered deck, open deck, comfortable living room, all in such a tranquil setting.” Kurt Mastrovich Apr 2017
- "Nice big property, great for all the kids and pizza oven was fun to use"
Michael Sue, Apr 2017
- "Easy to deal with and quick to answer any questions. I've used him before and will do in the future. Comes highly recommend" Jordan Leverifge Fen 2017
- "Large and beautiful house, ideal for large families or groups travelling together. We had a good time using the pizza oven! The house is set in a quiet location, with beautiful garden and views." Wei Yii Jan 2017
- "Fantastic place for a large family weekend, absolutely loved everything about it"
Sue McNutt, Nov 2016
- We were an extended family group eleven in total with children 5- 10 years and it worked very well for us plenty of space clean and tidy and a short drive to Palm Beach.
Margaret Tomlinson, Jan 2015
- It was a great place to stay for a big group. Very accommodating. We loved the wood fire pizza oven and the outdoor setting.
Elizabeth van Huenen, Dec 2014
- The property had great atmosphere and great for large groups.
Jackie Conaghan, Nov 2014
- Really great for large groups, it was perfect for our girls weekend as there are many options for indoor or outdoor spaces, covered or open. Having downstairs and the cute little studio also allows for plenty of room and privacy. Beds so comfortable & nice linen & towels. Awesome big outdoor table for entertaining. Would definitely love to stay here again! Thank you
Janet Keven, Nov 2014
- Lovely house, really enjoyed our stay! Such a nice setting. Would definitely stay again. Loved the pizza oven.
Bryony Kapo, Sep 2014
- House was amazing. A great weekend was had by all. The coffee left by Richard is still a talking point.
Dearbhaile Hurley, Apr 2014
- Great property - plenty of space for large groups and variety for entertaining. The Pizza oven & kitchen and living areas very roomy. Decor was very tasteful. We all loved the awesome wooden bench top.
Cecilia Hurley, Mar 2014
- A great "Home of Madness" - the perfect place for extended family weekend with ages ranging from 85 to teens. We had a great time cooking, eating and sampling wine and celebrating numerous family birthdays for the mad month of March. Thank you for making our family time special and enjoyable. We will have to find another reason to return soon.
ADDITIONALCOMMENT : Every thing was perfect - thank you Richard for your care and attention. Please thank the family whom own the property for their hospitality too. Kind regards
Cecilia & Family, Mar 2014
- I stayed here with 9 friends, we had a fantastic time, its a great house for entertaining with the great pizza oven, large outdoor table and open plan kitchen. The beds were really comfortable and the house had a great feel to it. It wasn't walking distance too much but the buses on the island are easy enough to catch I would definitely stay here again
Michelle Honore, Mar 2014
- It is sheltered; we were there during Cyclone Lusi and hardly noticed it except for the rain. Pizza oven great fun even if we couldn't get it to right temperature. We were a mixed family group (6 adults, two grandchildren) and it really worked well for us. Particularly liked the large family table and very well-equipped kitchen.
Bruce Ferguson, Mar 2014
- Great hosts, great house! Casamatta is the perfect place for large or small groups to enjoy arestful and comfortable holiday on beautiful Waiheke. It has everything you need, as well as some fantastic extras. The pizza oven was a huge hit with us, as were ALL those cozy living spaces and super spacious kitchen where everyone could gather, have a drink and soak up the atmosphere. We will be back :) Thanks for having us!
Natalie Neuhauser, Jan 2014
- Great house to relax with friends, especially the great outdoor area and Pizza Oven. Had a fantastic weekend and would definitely recommend this place.
Jamie Ritchie, Aug 2013
- Thanks for a great few days with the family. Can you pass onto the owners our real appreciation of being able to share their house with our family. First time we have all been together for a couple of years and don’t know when it will happen again so it was a magic time. The outdoor living and space of the property were key.
Trevor Taylor, Apr 2013
- This house was incredible! We had an amazing weekend and wanted for nothing, the house is equipped with everything you might need. The rooms are gorgeous, and we loved all the little areas to enjoy the sun, relax, eat meals etc. We mastered the pizza oven without much trouble (a great source of pride) and just generally didn't ever want to leave! Highly recommended.
Willow Nov 2012
- Great property, well maintained and perfect for our small wedding party. Pizza oven was great fun and pizzas were lovely. Spotlessly clean and felt really homely. Didn't want to leave. Property managers were pleasant, friendly and very helpful. Highly recommend Casamatta. Mark and Tracey (UK)
Tracey Cartwright, Apr 2012
- Fab spot. Quiet and user friendly, yet very stylish as well. Great for groups.
Julie Anderson, Mar 2012
- Fantastic property, loads of space, very well equipped kitchen - thanks for the champagne, mineral water and olives - and beautiful grounds (freshly grown lettuce and herbs - amazing!)! Bumbled our way into using the pizza oven - great fun, and awesome pizzas! Great place to retreat with friends. Thank you.
Lucy Riggall, Nov 2011
- Had a lovely stay, really enjoyed ourselves. House is amazing! Would definitely stay again!
Sarah Nell, Mar 2011