2 Double Beds
1 Fold-out Bed
Onetangi on the Beach
Onetangi, Waiheke island
If you’re all about the beach, it doesn’t get much better than this. Gaze into the mesmerizing blue beyond just meters away from this 2-bedroom bach facing Onetangi Beach, arguably Waiheke’s most beautiful and definitely its biggest, at 1.87 km long. The quintessential Kiwi beach house, this charmingly rustic Waiheke rental sleeps up to 6 and features a Pacific décor that’s right at home on the seafront, with weather-worn woods, splashes of color and tribal accents.
White sands and calm waters make Onetangi Beach a favourite for swimming, fishing, boating and even surfing when the northerlies blow. You’re also well-positioned for wine: Some of Waiheke’s finest vineyards—Miro, Obsidian, Te Motu, Stonyridge and Tantalus—are just a short drive away. Rather sip at home? Sit on the deck and enjoy breathtaking beach vistas and a glass of vino as you watch people go by. A thatched fence offers just enough privacy without obstructing the amazing view. As the sun sets, grill up a BBQ feast or wander down the street to Charley Farley’s or the Sand Shack. Pet-friendly, functional and laid-back, this unassuming Waiheke holiday home was made for relaxation.
Please note: Rates listed are for 4 people. Additional guests are $50 per person per night.
Winter: NZ$280 per night
Summer: NZ$380 per night
Peak: NZ$420 per night
Onetangi on the Beach Onetangi, Waiheke island
1st bedroom with Double bed, 2nd bedroom with Double bed in sleepout. Additional pull-out bed in the living room.
Shower and toilet
Equipped kitchen with dishwasher.
TV, stereo, CDs available, Pull-out bed.
Dining space for 6.
All linen supplied. No laundry facilities.
Northeast facing with decks, outdoor furniture and BBQ.
Across the road from Onetangi Beach which is great for walking, surfing (when the wind blows from the north), great fishing spots, safe swimming and white sand that stretches from one side to the other. Good boat launch from the eastern end. You’ll find Charley Farley’s and Fourth Avenue Café along the Onetangi Beachfront. Just up from the beach on 4th Avenue is the only gas station in Onetangi, a liquor store and takeaway shop. Miro Vineyard, Peacock Sky and Stony Ridge Vineyards are all close to Onetangi.
Rates apply to 4 people. Add an extra $50 per person per night for extra people.
Shoulder season special (rates apply to 4 people):
1 October to 20 December weekly rate $ 2,000
15 January to 1 April weekly rate $ 2,000
Guest Book / Testimonials
- “Fantastic location - couldn't get any closer to the beach :)” Laura Hopwood Feb 2018
- "The location is fabulous. Very professional and welcoming team" Shiona Dyer Jan 2018
- “Lovely space, great value for money, superb location on the beach. Sleep out was comfortable and nicely decorated. Richard was really helpful and pointed out wineries that we weren’t aware of.” Karl Petrie Jan 2018
- “Great location right on the beach! Basic bach, but great to have linen provided and both bedrooms were a good size - perfect for two couples (one with a baby in with them). Wish the weather had been better so we could have been out on the deck more, would love to come back in summer!” Natalie Small Apr 2017
- "Awesome stay in a real kiwi bach on a gorgeous beach. Short walk to cafes." Melita Gray Apr 2017
- “Fabulous location and great service from owner, great outdoor living space". Catherine Bamber Apr 2017
- "Richard thank you for fabulous week, everything was smashing and it's an amazing spot, incredible location, fabulous bach and everything you need :-)" Sarah Dewar Mar 2017
- “It's a classic kiwi Bach right on the beach. Onetangi is spectacular and you are only a minutes walk from cafes and corner shop if required. The Bach is pretty basic but you can't beat the location. Richard was really accomodating with check in and check out times which was appreciated.” Rick Goebel Mar 2017
- "This property is an quintessential Kiwi bach, we absolutely loved the place and the stunning location.. we basically didn't want to leave. Richard and team where very friendly and accommodating, they were fast at replying to emails and even met us when we arrived at the accommodation." Yasmin Shardlow Feb 2017
- "Loved the location and basic kiwi-bach-ness!" Carly Flynn Jan 2017
- "Wonderful spot right on glorious Onetangi beach! And one of the last remaining old-school bachs!" Johanna Ibbotson Jan 2017
- “Great position right across the road from the beach. The second bedroom was separate from the main house in the sleepout- so nice and private. Kitchen was well equipped and close to local restaurant. Overall a great place to stay!”
Kate Rattenbury, Nov 2016
- "Our family had a great weekend in the Bach. Had all that we needed. Great location right across the road from Onetangi beach."
katerine Colvine, Nov 2016
- “Perfect location on the beachfront and a nice short stroll to a great beachside restaurant. Richard knew we would arrive late and left welcoming lights on which was a nice touch!”
Dawn Palmer, Jun 2016
- Awesome place, prime position, great view and all the amenities you could ever need.
Jacqoy, Dec 2015
- Amazing beach front location. Slightly more basic than anticipated, but when you're outside most of the time, who cares...
Greg Fromont, Oct 2015
- Lovely position, close to beach, great outdoor setting. Interior VERY basic
Kelly Henderson, Apr 2015
- A cute classic bach, with a stunning view, great outdoor area, and just two steps to the sea, at the best beach on Waiheke. And so nice to find good quality bed linen, pillows and towels supplied!
Caroline Church, Mar 2015
- Really cute Kiwiana Bach, at a fantastic beach front location!
Glenda Smith, Feb 2015
- A real bach at a wonderful location... one of the few left on the beach at Onetangi
Sarah Anderson, Feb 2015
- Brilliant location across the road from one of the world's nicest beaches. Basic bach with few frills but tidy and perfect for a short beach stay including with kids (we had two). Eateries very close at hand. No sign of any of the ants some earlier tenants have mentioned.
Carl Worker, Feb 2015
- Close to beach. Thank you we love it will be back.
TJ Munnik, Apr 2014
- Definitely worth paying that little bit more to be right on Onetangi beach. The situation and view are awesome. However interior could have been cleaner and it’s a little cramped with 4-6 people on a rainy day.
Donald Mackay, Feb 2013
- Great location
Brian Braatvedt, Nov 2012
- Best location.Had a lovely stay, a real bach
Julie Alward Oct 2012
- Great kiwi bach experience in a beautiful location.
Kim, Feb 2012
- Fantastic location right across the road from the beach. Simple bach with large deck to enjoy the sun and the views.
Bruce, Mar 2011
- Was a little small for two couples and the second bedroom was a bit musty. Could do with a bigger lounge as wasn't enough places to lounge while it was raining...as it was for most of our visit.
Lee, Mar 2011
- Primo location, right across the road from the beach. Everything we needed for the weekend was right there. Could not have asked for a better location, and amenities. its rare to find a traditionally rustic kiwi bach now days and I think Onetangi on the beach has captured that with all the right mod cons.
Miram, Feb 2011
- Great location right across from the beach and the bach had everything we needed for a lovely stay!!!
Cleave, Feb 2011
- Had a brilliant time directly opposite the beach on such a stunning weekend. The house was presented well and the deck and BBQ were well-used!
Amyen, Dec 2010
- We really enjoyed our stay at Onetangi on the Beach. Great views and comfortable bach. We'll be back!
Lou, Nov 2010
- Fantastic spot right on the beach provided everything we needed for a great weekend.
Ann, Nov 2010
- We loved the Bach and thought it was perfect for our stay. Especially with a one year old. The only thing we would do would be to put a sliding door on the bedroom so not to wake our little boy when he was sleeping early in the evening. Thanks again.
Col, Mel and Charlie, Sep 2010.